cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintanance work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for letting people know about maintanance work being carried out in Harrogate over the last 48 hours, I have been expecting important calls and have had no signal so have no idea wether or not these calls where made. Terrible customer service, time to leave O2 once my contract ends.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can always check for work being done in your area here:  http://status.o2.co.uk/

Live results for Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

• Sorry a phone mast in this area isn't working

This means your service might come and go until we fix it.

Our Network modernisation programme to improve 2G and 3G coverage and roll out 4G has reached this area. It does mean that you may experience intermittent service on your mobile device while our engineers 'do their thing'.

We’re sorry about that, but we’ll do our best to minimise any impact to your signal.

Updated 18:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122791 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for letting people know about maintanance work being carried out in Harrogate over the last 48 hours, I have been expecting important calls and have had no signal so have no idea wether or not these calls where made. Terrible customer service, time to leave O2 once my contract ends.

Also this is a customer to customer forum so you aren't actually speaking to O2 on here....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 25

MI5
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
If you do leave you might want to choose at network that doesn't do maintenance.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122791 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If you do leave you might want to choose at network that doesn't do maintenance.....

Oh...and which one would that be @MI5 ? wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
They won't inform you of maintenance.

You go where you like but I think you'll find that every network does maintenance otherwise your device wouldn't be able to function as a phone
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have wifi available download TuGo to your phone, PC or tablet and use that - exactly the situation TuGo was designed for.

Message 7 of 25

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

I guess the OP was satisfied to stay on 2G or maybe 3G and not have the service upgraded. If the calls they were expecting were that important I would think that if the callers couldn't get through, they would leave a message. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a text  the other day warning me that over the next few days there would be working on the network in my area

Message 9 of 25

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Mast maintenance is essential on all networks. At least you have been informed,  not sure what else people expect? 

Message 10 of 25