cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable
my boyfriend has decided he wants the iphone for christmas this year, My friend told me that last year you could buy them as a gift without signing up to the contract there and then, can you still do this? as i want to get him one...please someone help!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The only way to get one with out a contract is to buy the PAYG one for around £350
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
right ok, my bf is already on a contract with o2 so if he just put his sim in there, would it work fine? or is there certain things he wouldnt be able to do as its not a new contract?
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
He would be allowed to convert his current contract to an iphone one and get the data allowances and visual voicemail.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
So it wouldnt make a difference that the phone was bought on payg? and Would he have to wait for his current contract to end 1st? sorry about all the questions guys, just want to make sure i know everything before buying it slight_smile
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
No you buy a PAYG, he phones O2 tells them he's got an iphone as a gift and wants to convert his current contract to the equivalent iphone one, at worse he would have to wait till his next billing cycle date, but I doubt that. He should confirm when the contract switch will occur and what his allowances will be prior to that happening. Pop his current contract SIM in the iphone and activate it. He is then careful if he has to wait for any data allowances to be activated.

He then thanks you and feels guilty all day about the crappy steam iron he bought you grin
Message 6 of 6