cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone preorder 8:09am 9/9/16 not arriving

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded to a new iPhone 7 jet black 128gb and got confirmation email at 8:09am on 9th September (9 minutes after preorder opened) that my upgrade had been accepted.  

I have just been informed by text I'm not getting the new phone tomorrow, after I took the day off work to wait in for it being delivered.

Needless to say I'm annoyed and very unhappy by the poor customer service shown by O2. Has anyone else had the same issue and any suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep check similar thread.....

More info
Smiley Frustrated
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

exactly the same, took the day off and to be told at 9pm when the phone lines are shut is abissmal!

i dont want to sound big headed but if i take a day off it costs me a lot of money and im going to be seeking massive compensation.

in fact im going to cancel o2 and go to EE tomorrow

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do eye have stock?

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

EE tariffs are not the best. Already had that idea after receiving that rubbish text from o2

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly my point.  If I had been told this a few days ago I could've made alternative arrangements,  But waiting until the night before, AFTER people who are employed to help sort issues out have gone home for the night is disgusting.

i wish I'd switched to EE as originally planned.  Only thing that put me off was the monthly price (which equated to O2 when you factored in 6 months free Apple Music vs Spotify premium)

Guess this is is another example of big corporate chasing new customers and screwing over its existing clientele....

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

At least I was out of contract.  I've heard stories of people paying off existing contracts and treated worse!

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine was 8.01 and mines delayed too
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously?!?! What did you order?

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's Business. o2 are a commercial enterprise whose customer care only extends as far as it affects the bottom line.

Statistically, it is proven that the vast majority of existing Customers will put up with a delay than new customers who will be far more likely to cancel and go elsewhere if they have found stock with a rival.

I too have been with o2 for many years and placed my upgrade order by 8:30am on the 9th. I also got that dreaded text last night after 9pm...

I expected this after the person on Chat earlier in the day informed me that they couldn't promise my phone would be delivered today.

Will I leave? Well, no. The Tariff Contract suits me and I like the upgrade to come next year since I'm on the 20GB plan. So o2's strategy proves correct in my specific case too - I am not happy about the delay, I would have liked to think existing customers are as important if not more so but sadly, in the World of Business this is not always true and their bean counters know this.

Message 10 of 11