cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 for O2 customers - but not pay&go - just me?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to buy a new iPhone on Thursday like thousands of other people.
After hours of queuing I was told that being an O2 pay and go customer I didn't qualify to be able to take out a 24 month contract.
I tried to explain that I had emailed customer service before the lauch about transferring my number to the contract sim and not once did they say I wouldn't be able to get one because of this stupid priority system.
While I was on the phone to the O2 guy I explained that the carphone warehouse were quite happy to sell me an iphone 4 on a vodaphone contract right then and there in the shop but he insisted there was nothing he could do, I was not "an O2 customer".
I was furious as you can imagine.
My girlfriend is also with O2 and gets free calls to other O2 numbers otherwise I would now have a shiny new iphone 4 and a vodaphone contract!

I have emailed them several times about this, but get generic replies from people with indian names who don't address a single issue in my email.

I was just wondering if anyone else has suffered the same awful customer service as me?

Liam
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wouldn't worry about it too much Liam - It's probably a bit of a blessing in disguise. At least this way you can wait for the second shipment of iPhones to arrive without the signal or screen issues.

I'm not really understanding why people get so wound up about it. It is only a phone, after all.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes in a way, I can see it might be better to wait and see what the signal issues turn out to be, but I just can believe how bad their customer service has been.

They would have preferred me to sign up with vodaphone for 2 years than sell me one of their phones!

Crazy

They have to remember they are not the only ones selling the iPhone anymore
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same thing when I called them the other day. They wouldn't upgrade me because I wasn't a gold customer - I was only a blue one apparently. I just chuckled and mentioned to the guy that I would quite happily have paid £320 to end my contract early, and to upgrade to the iPhone 4 on a new 24 month contract.... Seems that our money isn't as desirable as other peoples!

I'm not worried though. Just after I called them I found out about the thousands of people complaining of signal issues, so I'm sitting tight for now and using my trusty Nokia 6500 until they sort it wink
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to buy a new iPhone on Thursday like thousands of other people.
After hours of queuing I was told that being an O2 pay and go customer I didn't qualify to be able to take out a 24 month contract.
I tried to explain that I had emailed customer service before the lauch about transferring my number to the contract sim and not once did they say I wouldn't be able to get one because of this stupid priority system.
While I was on the phone to the O2 guy I explained that the carphone warehouse were quite happy to sell me an iphone 4 on a vodaphone contract right then and there in the shop but he insisted there was nothing he could do, I was not "an O2 customer".
I was furious as you can imagine.
My girlfriend is also with O2 and gets free calls to other O2 numbers otherwise I would now have a shiny new iphone 4 and a vodaphone contract!
I have emailed them several times about this, but get generic replies from people with indian names who don't address a single issue in my email.
I was just wondering if anyone else has suffered the same awful customer service as me?
Liam

I queued up

'Are you an existing customer?'
'Im currently on Pay as your go with o2'
'Ok no problem'

grin
Message 5 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Liam

Why shouldn't they have Indian (or more properly Asian) names? 😐
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I sure the poster meant nothing racial about replies from indian named people only that something is lost in translation due to the language barrier.

Ive seen people waiting outside o2 shops for the new release iphone.
Personally the iphone is not a device for me. I have an ipod touch and thats fine enough. The iphone is too gated off for my liking !

Most handsets have their bugs on release and patches come to iron these out, however the currently reported issue over network signal drop due to how the internal antenna operates when gripped in a certain way will not untila mk11 is released !

In the end I would wait in a que if I wanted something badly enough.

Lots has been said about my choice of handset {nokia n900}, but in the end I dont care as it ticks the boxes of what I currently want.
Message 7 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Unless you're clairvoyant, I doubt if you could possibly know what the OP meant by their remark.

You can't answer for others.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes im clairvoyant !
Message 9 of 10

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
There you go, learn to spell and punctuate and you'll be perfect! grin

Message 10 of 10