cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 3G delivery via DHL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone had issues with delivery from DHL. Apparently DHL have been given to their "franchises" to get our ohones delivered. Was sent out today at 7:44am, its now 6:02pm and nothing, no note or anything.

Does anyone know up to when they deliver?

Anyone had similar problems?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Allegedly they deliver up 'til 9 pm or so word of mouth has it. Having said that I was expecting Mr DHL or one of his muckers today and so far no show.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It'll be passed to a HDLN (Home Delivery Network) franchise holder probably... be nice to your local DHL depot and you'll usually get the driver's mobile number - give them a ring and ask where it is slight_smile
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
My order on DHL updated (30 minutes ago) saying:

HSD Out for Delivery awaiting IOD

whatever that means
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It'll be passed to a HDLN (Home Delivery Network) franchise holder probably... be nice to your local DHL depot and you'll usually get the driver's mobile number - give them a ring and ask where it is slight_smile

HDNL have no conection with DHL.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
both of those logistic companies are completely useless!

Why didn't 02 use Royal Mail, you know when they are going to arrive and you know where to go if your parcel gets returned, plus they have been doing it for over 300 years!!

instead of this all day service nonsense!! with Royal Mail your guaranteed to receive the parcel before 1pm.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah but it will all be worth it when someone turns up in their private car with your parcel!
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It'll be passed to a HDLN (Home Delivery Network) franchise holder probably... be nice to your local DHL depot and you'll usually get the driver's mobile number - give them a ring and ask where it is :smileyhappy:

HDNL have no conection with DHL.

That's funny ... because that's what both my colleagues iPhones were delivered by .... Home Delivery Network van, DHL tracking number .... when they called to rearrange delivery they were specifically told it has been passed to a franchise holder

It would seem from http://www.dhl.co.uk/publish/gb/en/pres ... a.low.html that DHL@home uses self-employed couriers... it's conceivable that these individuals also work for HDNL which would explain this situation.

However, if DHL didn't refer to it as their "Home Delivery Network" on the phone it would go a long way to reduce the confusion.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another thing about HDNL I would like to make clear is that our drivers are not supplied a mobile by the company.

Do not leave HDNL drivers a note with your mobile number on and expect them to call you back on there own personal phone.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just ordered an upgrade and tracked the order on line with DHL
It now says that they can't find the address. This also happened 18 months ago when DHL tried to deliver a phone.
I eventually got to speak to a real person at DHL (not easy) and they have confirmed that the delievry has been sub contracted.
The best they can do is e-mail the contractor and ask them to ring me within 4 hours. They went on to say that the driver might only work part time and this is the best they can do. they have no other way of tracing what's happening.
I was also advised to contact 02 and that they might be able to help, but they seemed completely disinterested.
Why do 02 continue to use sub standard contractors, which do their reputation no good at all.
Message 10 of 11