Did you mean: 

iPhone 15 vs pixel 8?

Hugo4ever
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone

Ok so my birthday is next week and my mom and sister are going half on treating me to a new phone as I seriously need a new one.

They were going to get me the iPhone 15 as I've always wanted an iPhone and I've always been told that iPhones are the most secure to have which is the main reason I want one.

However my sister has shown me the pixel 8 ( she owns the pixel 7) as she said it's as good as an iPhone and would be more suitable since I've never had an iPhone before and I'm used to android ( my current phone is the moto g50) and she thinks as I'm autistic and hate change an iPhone will drive me nuts. And I use a lot of Google such as Gmail , Google maps ect and my biggest use of my phone is camera even though my current one is crap so she said the Google pixel has a hugely impressive camera compared to my current phone and is just as good as an iPhone. She also said apple is not as secure nowadays anyway.

I wanted any tech experts advice here my only reason for wanting an iPhone is security are they really more secure than android or is the Google pixel pretty secure too?

I do think she's right about the pixel 8 being more suited but  I read that pixels phones have issues with becoming hot when charging or even doing minor tasks is this true? 

My main uses of my phone are:

Texting
Calls
Social media
Shopping online
Watching YouTube videos
Taking photos
Checking emails

I don't do gaming on my phone or record videos often and I don't download a lot of apps either.

Looking forward to hearing from you all as I agree with my sister the pixel 8 does suit what I want more but just thinking on if Apple really are more secure.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Hugo4ever
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Enlli thanks for the reply , my sister just told me that iPhone 15 also has overheating issues too so it can be an issue for both. And I know it's not important to anyone but me but I do need to consider my autism as I do hate change and I love having a back button which you don't get on iPhones and I'll properly get confused learning all the swipe gestures on an iPhone. 

Can anyone tell me why so many are reporting on this overheating issue with the pixel 8 is there anything I can do to prevent this? 

Message 11 of 17

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36303 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6137 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Hugo4ever 

Could I suggest tat you look at the reviews on www.gsmarena.com please ?

As well as detailed written reviews, you will also find video reviews - with the pros and cons of each handset clearly articulated. 

Please let us know what you settle on ! 😀 

Message 13 of 17

Hugo4ever
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help. I've read and watched loads more reviews of both and I have decided to go for the iPhone 15 for a number of reason bit that would be a long post so I thought I come back just to let you know what I chose

Message 14 of 17

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6729 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

Sure you will be fine. Take time to learn

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 15 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123224 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Hugo4ever wrote:

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help. I've read and watched loads more reviews of both and I have decided to go for the iPhone 15 for a number of reason bit that would be a long post so I thought I come back just to let you know what I chose

Great news for you @Hugo4ever 

Enjoy learning about your phone.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 17

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6137 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Hugo4ever 

If you decide in due course that the iPhone isn't for you, then you can always revert to Android.

However, I am sure that one you become familiar with your new device you will be very happy. 

Message 17 of 17