Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 15 pro max screen cracked!

Janwwms
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My four week old phone has a hairline crack from top down about four inches across to the right side. What did I do to it? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. 
it cracked from either being in my coat pocket or handbag. 
Apple care are sending package for me to send it for repair. Cost £25. I have had every single iPhone previously and never had a screen crack before. I’m so disappointed and upset. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Janwwms 

I think you have every right to be disappointed but the fact that it is only costing you £25 for a repair by Apple does make it a little more palatable.

I had an e-mail a couple of days ago from Western Computers, a chain of shops that are authorised repairers and they were quoting up to £400 for "on the day" screen replacements on IPhones. I have never had an iPhone and at those prices, i think I will stick to Android !     

Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

My advice is always use a screen protector. With the latest type you would not even realise one is fitted.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Yes @Enlli and because I always make a poor job of fitting them, I now buy them from an O2 retail store and ask a member of staff to fit it. I would not ask if they were busy, but I have never been refused at quiet times.  

Message 4 of 4