cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help!!! before i go mad!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was due an upgrade on the 15th - ive had five delivery dates given me - i keep phoning dial a phone to be told they are still waiting on o2 approving my upgrade!!! ive been a customer of o2 god knows how many years so why is it taking so long - very very angry now - phoned o2 and although she tried to help she admitted that they couldnt see what "the back office" was doing in respect to my upgrade - anyone else had this problem!!! before i go mad - im not having a phone thats in short supply ive ordered the samsung galaxy sIII

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I'd do:

Phone DAP and cancel the upgrade

Phone O2 and check your upgrade date is available

Go to a store (either O2, DAP, Phones 4 U, Carphone Warehouse) and set up a contract there and then

Walk away with the handset. 

Message 11 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Text UPRADE to 61202. That will be your upgrade date and O2 and 3rd parties will be able to upgrade you from then.

If there is an issue with O2 (if it's with the back office then there could be) - ask them if a team manager can amend the upgrade date manually for you? This might be possible but it's hard to tell what's gone wrong without seeing your account.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

all i get from dial a phone is we are waiting for o2 to approve your upgrade - and all i get from o2 is theres nothing showing on your account about an upgrade - im bouncing between the two companies and i just want my upgrade how hard can it be - DAP " is this customer due an upgrade"  o2 "yes" DAP "thankyou " dispatch phone - not hard!

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Out of interest - did DAP contact you about the upgrade?
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

so text upgrade to that number - sends a reply back saying sorry we dont reconise that please check your keyword and try again - try again in lower case - get same text back!

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its me that keeps phoning them! i keep logging into that flippin my account and all that changes is delivery date - so i phone to ask why and get we are waiting on o2

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

There was an issue a week or 2 ago where some customers had their upgrade dates changed to immediate. This was resolved within a few days but some 3rd parties had already started doing outbound sales calls. These would obviously fail once O2 reverted the upgrade dates.

Check MyO2 for the date you last upgraded and let us know what it was? Presumably you're on a 2year contract so usually you'd have to have taken it out in April 2011 or before to upgrade now 

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

my original upgrade date was the 15th of april but im allowed to upgrade a month early and it says in my account i was due 15th march

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

spoke to both parties again this morning - o2 saying for dial a phone to get in touch and see why a simple upgrade isnt going through - phone dial a phone and relay conversation - dial a phone say we dont do that its all done electronically we are simply waiting on approval from the network !!! - god its like smacking a brick wall!!!

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

i STILL have no upgrade - i dont know what to do anymore - DAP say waiting on network - o2 says it should just whizz through - im sick to death of phoning both parties now - what can i do why cant i get one person from either party to handle and sort this for me?????

Message 10 of 13