cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change ringing tone to the Uk one while abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't want my clients to hear an abroad ringing tone when I'm outside Uk. How can I change the ringing tone to the Uk one while I'm abroad? Are there any Uk ringtone boltons, apps or diverts I can use? I'm on IPhone 4.
I know this question has been asked on this forum approx 5 years ago but maybe something has changed since then.

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid it isn't possible. If you don't want to hear a different ringing tone when they call you, I would recommend leaving your phone off and turning your voicemail on if you don't want them to find out slight_smile

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid it isn't possible. If you don't want to hear a different ringing tone when they call you, I would recommend leaving your phone off and turning your voicemail on if you don't want them to find out slight_smile

Message 2 of 21

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
No sorry there's not.

However I wonder if you set up a call divert from another of your phones. Eg they call your number and you put it through a uk based mobile which then forwards to you internationally. Then there's a good chance they'll only hear the uk dial tone(if that makes sense?)

Eg leave a phone at home with your current SIM card in (on charge obviously) which is set to forward all calls to the new sim you have on you on holiday.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Alternatively, you could set your phone to vibrate only. Then you wouldn't have any ringtone at all.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that would make it ring the same myself.

Message 5 of 21

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

I think op means dialling tone.

argh that's a shame:( in my head because the phone dialled the second number it wouldn't transfere the international dialling tone through it:(

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think of it this way. You'll hear what you would hear as if you was dialing it from that phone that forwards the call.

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the responses everyone - much appreciated.

I have tried diverting from Uk based mobile as Liquid suggested but I can still hear the international ringing tone while abroad.

Any other suggestions?

Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest, no. I don't think its possible to avoid hearing a foreign dialling tone when the phone receiver is in another country, sorry.
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

In theory you can do it if you double divert. For example: you leave your mobile phone in the UK and divert it to an 0800 number, you can then divert the 0800 number to another mobile that you would have abroad. For this to work, you would need to ask our 0800 operator to set it up through their ISP so it has a UK dial tone.

Message 10 of 21