Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellation

jw35
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have finally been able to cancel a line with O2  after months of trying - hours on hold and cut off calls, sending a certified letter that I was today told they dont accept despite having an address to write to on their site - I live part time int eh US so that was $70 just to send the letter that cannot be delivered and came back). They threatend my credit record if I just cancelled the direct debit. I reached the point where I was in tears with them. It has cost me hundreds to cancel a line that was 28 per month. I reached the point where I told them in exasperation that the only option that might work is my death but ooops no of course they would not accept a letter from my executors saying I was dead.  My call today took over an hour. I dont want to transfer the number - I dont want to stay with them - I dont have the phone anymore -just wanted to cancel a line out of contract and with no money owed to them on a device. There has to be a better way to communcate with them but likely O2 has no interest in dong anythign to actually offer customer service as they kept getting my 28 per months so long as I could not cancel despite every effort I could come up with.      

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144422 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@jw35 

All we know is here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Ideally, contracts should be cancelled before leaving the UK.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5738 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@jw35 

You say :-

"I have finally been able to cancel a line with O2  after months of trying....."

Hence, given that you have now cancelled, what is the purpose of this post ? Is it actually intended to be a complaint ? If it is, we can let you have links detailing the complaints' procedure that you will need to follow. 

Or do you want something else ? 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144422 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

As it's posted in discussions and feedback it is just that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4