Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bring back merging accounts!

pw22033
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone else think O2 need to bring back merging of O2 accounts?

I've just been ported over from Virgin Mobile into a brand new MyO2 account with two numbers - one for me and one for my daughter.  I already had a MyO2 account which has a contract for my sons phone - with my number (on VM) as the 'contact' number for bills, +18 security etc...

The problem is - all the bill messages etc. for the new account are going to my daughter as 'the first number brought across' - including the login details for the new account.  I've tried to change it to my number - but because my number is linked to my other O2 account I can't - the system says it's already in use.

The options here are O2 either relax the rules around letting a phone number be the main contact on more than one account - or they let us merge the accounts again.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144447 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

The service has been suspended, not cancelled, whilst everyone from VM is onboarded.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

pw22033
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope you’re right.

customer services today just said that it could no longer be done - not that it was paused

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36014 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

It may take them a while, but it still appears as an option in your MyO2, so it hopefully is reinstated as soon as the last person has been moved to O2's systems & been onboard to O2 360 system: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-System-Updates-360/m-p/1598402/highlight/true#M39424

Message 4 of 4