cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blackberry & O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
i brought a balckberry 9000 bold november 2008 via the o2 online website throughout january a fault occur where the handset would crash adn go to a white screen. when i contact o2 they told me that they dont deal with repairs to blackberry and need to conact SBE ltd. which i did via email and had to sent my handfset via mail. for the past 4 weeks, there was no contact with myself, so when i contacted SBE ltd, firtsly there email response are dumb asking for details that i had given them 3 times already, and when i waste money on the phone the staff are no better by giving wrong info, lying about a manager will get back to me via the phone, then telling that the managaer is on holiday. and then blaming the their delevery compnay 'citylink'. who they said had return my handset back tot SBE ltd twice. so you would of thought that SBE ltd would contact me to inform me, but oh no they cant be bother. even when i asked SBE ltd why ciylink return the handset twice - SBE ltd reply is they are waiting for a reply from city link about the reason. but when i contacted citylink the they gave me the reason with no hassle , so this is why i said SBE ltd is lying. i did not buy the handset from SBE ltd i brought it fro o2 who who should be responible for replacing my handset not a 3rd rate repair company. all o2 care about is making from customer and dont have any aftercare. if anyone asked me to recomment o2 i will refuse as i had the '3' network as the worst but o2 is number 1 for the worst mobile phone company.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a shame you have had such problems with this.
One thing i do know is O2 don't deal with the repair, it is a company that Blackberry are affiliated with, and at this moment in time, this is the only process in place for Blackberry repairs. I know O2 are looking at doing the repairs themselves soon, because of problems like yours, where chasing the problem up is so much of a hassle.
Also, the warranty is actually provided by the manufacturer, not O2, so maybe it's not all O2's fault.
This is the only problem i find with Blackberry's, but hopefully this will change for the better soon.
By the way, i am a fellow owner of a Blackberry, a 8900 Curve.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anthony, I agree with you 100% about the way customers are treated by 02.

I really think that it's about time that they start to take responsibility for the products they sell. I too paid £100 for a Blackberry Bold in September I had had no problems with it until a few weeks later when it started playing up when I went to charge it, but because I needed the phone for work purposes I put up with it, then the phone itself stopped charging altogether. I went to an 02 shop and the assistant stated that "02 don't deal with repairs they have to go back to Blackberry" and was handed a telephone number of SBE ltd who I needed to contact, after googleing the email address as I couldn't understand the girls accent on the recorded message I eventually received an email back from them for me to state the problem and they'll send me a pre-paid jiffy bag. I sent the phone off and even though they state on their automatic email they endeavour to fix the handset within 3-7 days I had to email them nearly a week later to chase up the progress of my phone, then I was told that I have to pay a further £126.50 for a phone which I bought from 02 that was well within it's 12 month warranty, but gritting my teeth I paid the money as I was still being charged £35 a month for a phone I couldn't use.

Anyway having sent the phone on the 11th of February and paying for a full refurbishment I finally received my phone back yesterday (6th March) only to discover that the camera (which worked 100% perfect before I sent it away to SBE) has now been damaged whilst in SBE's workshop, so after 9 phonecalls, 1 email and one recorded message later to SBE I finally got through to an advisor and told them that the refurbished phone which they charged me for has now arrived back to me damaged, as expected I am far from happy about this. She apologised and had arranged for another pre-paid packaging to be sent to me, so again I'll be phoneless for another few weeks.

But the main principle of this is the fact that 02 could not care less,nor are they bothered about the clowns they hire to fix customers handsets. From my experience when I've phoned 02 you are contantly fobbed off by their "advisors" and its left to you the customer to do all the chasing around. I've written a complaint letter to 02 regarding this but I'm not holding my breath, but I am however counting down until my contract ends as I will not be renewing my contract with 02 as everythings fine until something goes wrong,then as I found, you are on your own.

Now I just wonder what further damage SBE Ltd can do to my phone, from previous posts I see water damage is a favourite one.

A very very unhappy and ripped off Blackberry Bold owner
Message 3 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Some information here might help:

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_ ... s/mobiles/
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
this is a common problem, and the main reason I did not get a blackberry, o2 are usually great with regards to repairs, but with blackberrys its different because blackberry dont want O2 fixing them, they have they own repair process, which I now believe o2 are looking into and trying to get it changed
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Blackberry went faulty on Sunday 5th July, keypad and ball not responsive. o2 and sbe are sending me in circles. I've just checked my rights and because the phone is less than 6 motnhs old the supplier (o2) should repair it in reasonable time and shouldn't be sending me to 3rd parties. They should also compensate me for costs extra and above the cost of the phone. I shall ring them again tomorrow, I'm too tired now after a fullday of ringing around!

Very unimpressed at 02's service whatever the reasons are behind it.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Goodness me....

"But the main principle of this is the fact that 02 could not care less,nor are they bothered about the clowns they hire to fix customers handsets."

O2 hire no-one, they are sent to BlackBerry, you know, the people that make the phone?

O2 are not allowed to send them to their own repair center as BlackBerry will not allow it.

People complain about having to send it off to SBE themselves, well by all means, send it to o2, but all it will do is add more time on you're without a phone because they would have to send it on to the correct place. BlackBerry repairs are out of O2's hands.

Claire, if your facts would be correct if BlackBerry actually let o2 fix the handset, if you're not happy at least direct it at the company responsible. Not sure why you think you're eligible for compensation though, the SOGA on says you can claim if it comes back in an unsatisfactory condition and this would only be for the cost to get the handset repaired yourself.
Message 7 of 7