Did you mean: 

Your feedback on community registration/signing up

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone,

We’re currently looking into our new member registration process on the O2 Community and would love your feedback on what you thought of it, where you think we could improve, and where it can be made it easier, or even faster. At the moment to register to the community, you'll need to also register for My O2.

If you’ve recently registered on the O2 Community or even if you’ve been around for a while, do you still remember the registration process?

If ‘Yes’ then we would like to invite you to give us any feedback or suggestions you have on what we could do to improve the registration experience, and get your views on how you found the registration experience when you joined our community. Some things to think about:

• Did you come across any hiccups during registration?
  • If so, which part did you struggle with?
  • Which part of the registration took the most time (and did it feel too long, or just right)?
  • If you have any additional comments or feedback you’d like to give on the registration process in general, we’d very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Joining was easy, although looking at my earliest posts, I can see forcing people to change their preferred handle to their e-mail address caused a bit of grief - I was quite proud to have my three-letter handle on here back then, these days many places insist on 6 or more characters at a minimum, if not à full e-mail address... 

I wonder who has the e-mail address a.a@aa.com? yahoo

Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I joined 5 years ago and had absolutely no problem. It was self explanatory and an easy process.

The only issue I had, was 3 months into registration my username wasn't recognised. Confused

So I re-registered under a new one which I didn't want. (No idea how I managed that as I was using the same email address)

Anyhoo...I made a few posts with that one, complaining about my 'lost name'. I was advised to contact@Toby and he somehow restored the original. Hero

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Signing up to the forum was ok, it was attaching my phone number to the account that I had to faff about.

Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I can't remember yesterday never mind 10 years ago.....

Put it this way, back then if it had been difficult I wouldn't have bothered. Same probably holds true all the more these days. I don't do difficult.

Message 5 of 15

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
As far as I can remember registration was easy even my username wasn't a problem. I had more hassle setting up my accounts on M&S, John Lewis and Amazon then here.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for your comments so far guys, much appreciated. 

Additionally, if you remember any joining-up processes from other websites or apps that you think were great (quick, easy etc), please do mention them too. thumbsup

Message 7 of 15

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

When I registered the process was very easy. My only comment would be that it wasnt that easy to see how to put up your first post(or was that just me?!) 

Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Thanks for your comments so far guys, much appreciated. 

Additionally, if you remember any joining-up processes from other websites or apps that you think were great (quick, easy etc), please do mention them too. thumbsup

I do virtually everything online and have a number of sites I use frequently. Amazon, Asda, Sainsburys, Next, banks, Ebay, Paypal, BT, Sky etc etc

I found the signing up process relatively easy. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys, just a question to clarify - when you signed up for the community, were you already signed up for My O2 or you signed up to both at the same time? Basically we're trying to get feedback on the whole journey including the My O2 part as that's required at the moment for registering to community.

@Anonymous I assume you did both at the same time since you mentioned the phone number? 

Cheers slight_smile

Message 10 of 15