Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst network on earth

Addy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 is the worst network on earth—completely useless with coverage issues reported multiple times. There’s always maintenance going on, making it impossible to make or receive calls, and there are constant data issues. I’ve called support multiple times and reported the issue repeatedly. The support is useless; they don’t want to do anything except increase prices for this useless service.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Addy1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For last 13 months same message receiveing for reporting issues. 

O2 Network Update: ha14qd

Sorry to report we haven’t been able fix your issue yet.

We won’t be in touch again until we’ve fixed things for you.

Remember, you can keep tabs on the network: http://status.o2.co.uk

Don’t want to receive any more updates on this network issue? http://s.o2alerts.com/8EbeR4

Terms apply. 

useless customer support and incompetent technician unable to fix the issue.  

Message 2 of 11

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi there @Addy1 

Welcome to the o2 Community Forum

Very sorry to hear your issues

It looks like the Community would not be able to advise as you 

are already looking into the issues.

All can be said is that would it be better to find a provider that has better coverage 

in your area.  You can use some checkers I believe.

Anyway hope you can find a solution to suit you soonest

Kindest regards

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 11

Addy1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The sample message I submitted for the record has been receiving the same response for the last 13 months since signing up for the contract. No one has bothered to look into fixing the issue. If you call support, they don’t have access to investigate any details because O2 doesn’t trust their staff. They simply say the same thing: ‘We are working on it,’ and hopefully, but no one wants to address and fix the issues. I can’t use the phone, make calls, or use it for data coverage because it’s completely unreliable

Message 4 of 11

Addy1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Falltrees, thanks for your suggestion. O2 terminated my contract today for free, as they were greedy to charge money for the useless services and were asking me to pay for the contract. I am happy to leave.

Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122999 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Addy1 

Try some free PAYG sims from other networks before you commit to another contract.

OBviously go for the one which gives you the best coverage.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi there @Addy1 

Oh that is ok then and try the great advice from @Cleoriff 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 11

Addy1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh yes, great advice. Unfortunately, I’m already tired, and there is no issue with Vodafone. O2 doesn’t mind and fails to fix the issue, rather just sending the same messages. Vodafone works okay, but they won’t let me go unless I finish their contract. So, enough is enough. Let’s start spreading the word and let other people know how crappy and useless the coverage and network, and unprofessional service O2 has. Avoid falling into the same trap as me.

Message 8 of 11

Addy1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It seems that O2 are paying people for fake reviews to support their network. Perhaps, they cannot fix the issues, so they resort to promoting fake reviews and engaging in unprofessional customer support. I hope they close their business soon so that I don’t have to endure more difficulties. Unfortunately, I have to wait to finish my waste-of-money contract that I regret signing up for.

Message 9 of 11

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36026 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Addy1 wrote:

It seems that O2 are paying people for fake reviews to support their network.  

That's quite presumptuous @Addy1 - O2 can barely pay to keep their network running and to cleanly merge the ex-VM customer base to O2, never mind a concurrent migration of all users to a new back-end system called 360. And don't get me started on the job layoffs...!

Have you seen any such reviews? Can you provide examples?

They are hanging on by their teeth, leveraging past successes to seek more contracts at premium prices - shop around, you will soon see savings over their own O2 Shop offerings and the O2 egotistical mantra of "No, if you want to pay less for it, go buy it from the outlet you saw the cheaper price in!".

Message 10 of 11