Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this OFCOM investigation change things? Answers on a on a Post Card

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/11/ofcom-begins-review-of-uk-telecoms-complaints-handlers...

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

One word answer NO 

its a tickbox exercise that is all..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Enlli  @madasaf1sh 

It might change things for the worse.

One outcome might be a withdrawal of the right to complain to Resolver whilst filing your complaint.

I wonder if a complaint to Resolver or to any other ADR service will only be possible once eight weeks have passed from the filing of your complaint with your service provider.   

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Oxonian 

Resolver is not an ADR service, it is just a way to make a complaint, and it is a commercial enterprise and they sell these services to companies for brand management type stuff.. ( https://www.resolvergroup.com )

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

I was aware that Resolver charged companies for their services, and that is actually alluded to in the comments on the ISP review article that @Enlli started the thread with. However, I was unaware that they did not come under the umbrella of ADR so thank you for clarifying that. 👌

I had a look at the Ofcom website to try to find any announcement or press release that Mark Jackson of ISP Review has based his article on. I could not find anything. Have you had any luck in finding any source of the article on ISP Review ?   

Message 5 of 5