cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 always says use the o2 wifi. Problem is wifi is 1.5 miles away from house. Why pay more of my hard earned cash when o2 can easily errect an o2 mast near the house. Wifi can only be used a certain distance from your phone. Not getting the whole benifits from o2 wifi
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousO2 can't easily erect masts. They are costly. Have you no other Wifi available ie home or work?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Mobile phones are mobile.
It’s upto you to find the right type of signal for your needs and move to use it.
No network will give 100% coverage of everything, everywhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 won't erect a mast just so you can use their wifi. The idea is that putting more masts up quickly will lead to improved network coverage. 

Message 4 of 5

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

O2 could erect a WiFi mast near my house as well. But I doubt they will. O2 WiFi is a free service that enables you to log onto WiFi when you are out and about(City Centre, retail parks concert venues etc) it is not a substitiute for home WiFi (which you pay for).

If you need WiFi at home then your best option is to go to one of the many providers and have it installed. 

Message 5 of 5