Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling not reliable

Chiledpenguin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have terrible O2 coverage at home (despite the coverage map saying it’s good). I therefore try to use WiFi calling, as my home broadband is very good.

However, I find that calls on WiFi Calling are really unreliable - they drop repeatedly after less than a minute. I rarely manage to complete a call using it. I’ve tried a variety of Apple phones.

Am I alone in this, or is WiFi Calling on O2 really bad?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We use it at home and don’t have any problems with the 2 iPhones on o2 or the ones on EE or Vodafone so it could be something that needs changing on your WiFi router.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

John-Paul1540
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have exactly the same problem using an iPhone X. Poor network coverage at home even though the network map says its good. WiFi calls repeatedly drop either within the first minute of the call or after a few minutes. I have good fast fibre broadband which is reliable. After call drops I can't resume WiFi call as WiFi calling has gone from home screen. I resort to making conventional call over network from upstairs room standing close to a window!!

Have contacted o2 a number of times over this issue and they don't seem to be able to help.

regards,

xxx xxxx xxxxxxx

[mod edit: please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

Message 3 of 3