cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant i connect to home wifi. Sorry if this seems likw a question but its not.

Anonymous
Not applicable
As always o2 blocking me from using home wifi. Yes it is o2 and they know it. If u dont believe me and your phone is open to other networks then try popping any sim on any other network and i think u c all others work. But o2 wont connect to home net let alone any net that isnt their own. Sorry folks but o2 wasnt a choice i made as old mobile broke and bro gave me 1 on o2. First thought was got to get opened. ( after the initial thought of ram it).worst ever. Vodafone only net i would suggest or three at a push. O2 users sjld change or get used to being frustrated *bleep* off and out of pocket. A user who has tried all networks.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What you are suggesting is impossible, but believe it if you wish to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

O2 doesn't stop me and millions of others from using my home WiFi. Very confused as to why you would think they are able to do this....? Confused More than likely its a problem wiith your phone or WiFi set up....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

All the phones I’ve had don’t require a SIM card to setup, but have used WiFi to initially connect! 

So try wiping the phone and restarting without a SIM card!

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also make sure WiFi is turned on and you have input the correct wifi password when you set it up...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think the problem is an old phone that needs a factory reset or a simple router reboot...

Message 6 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I use wifi as well as data on my phone and have never had a problem with O2 wifi. And I'm using a mobile hotspot with O2 mobile wifi. No problem at all either on my phone or tablet. You should try the suggestions offered above one of which will surely sort out your problem.

Edited for typo

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good evening @Anonymous sorry to hear that you've been having trouble connecting to your home wi-fi. 😞 Please do let us know if you have any progress with this and if you managed to try out what our members above suggested in case it might be of help? slight_smile

Message 8 of 8