Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are O2 still using DPD

skunk123punk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've taken today Friday 8th March off work so I could wait in for the delivery of my upgrade to a S10 Plus.

On Thursday I received a text message from O2 to say that DPD would send me a text on the 8th March with a 1 hour time slot for delivery and this morning at 08:29 I recevied a text to say my delivery would take place between 09:10 - 10:10 so I turned down the TV volume and waited, at 09:36 I received a text message saying 'We could not deliver your parcel as no one was in, we left a calling card number [Removed] no one knocked on the door, no card was posted through my door and when I tried calling DPD it was IMPOSSIBLE to speak to anyone, just got stuck in an automated loop.

I called O2 customer services who were really helpful and did manage to contact the driver who said he was too busy to return to my address today and it would be Saturday before he could redeliver.

This is not the first time I've had this experience with DPD and I am really upset that I have taken the day off work to wait in for the delivery and no attempt of delivery has been made. I guess these guys are under pressure to make a certain number of deliveries each day and so when they see an opportunity to claw back some time, take it but at the expense of a loyal paying O2 customer and I think O2 should be looking at these issues and how it affects there customers.

Take a look at this for DPD feedback, it's just not good enough for a company like O2 to be using.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.dpd.co.uk

If it was not for the excellent support I recieved from the O2 customer services rep, I would have cancled my O2 order and gone with Sky who use Royal Mail. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @skunk123punk 

Sorry to hear about your experience with DPD. It's usually UKMail we hear the most complaints about.

As we are all customers ourselves on this forum, we really can't answer your question. But I'll tag our community managers @Martin-O2, @Marjo and @EmilieT to feedback your comments to O2.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10776 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Hello @skunk123punk 

Thanks for putting up your experience.

My thoughts were the same as yours, DPD didn't couldn't or whatever get to you~ made excuse.

I do hope you will get your phone on Saturday ~ that is totally annoying I know.

Put in your review of DPD on the Trustpilot site ~ say what you think there too.

I use a lot of reviews to make decisions on where I shop or products etc.

Hermes were terrible ~ I remember reading about parcels left anywhere thrown over gates (wrong house!) I had quite a few parcels delivered by them, got to know the person delivering in my 

area, they are rushed off their feet can't spend 2 seconds to ring bell!

Hope all goes well for you on Saturday ~ Good luck and hope you really enjoy your new phone too.

Bouncy

PS really good to hear O2 customer service was good for you 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 10

skunk123punk
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, Fingers crossed for Saturday!! and yes O2 customer services have always been excellent, I've been with them for longer than I can remember but have not been tempted away to another provider because they are so good, and I feel a loyalty to them which is why I also feel so strongly that another company could be tainting their reputation.

Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@skunk123punk 

I think it's very much area dependent.

DPD never fails me here in the Midlands. I get a tracking number and a map showing me where my driver is currently. Also the name of the driver.

UK Mail is a bit meh.

I hope yours gets sorted asap wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

skunk123punk
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would gladly pay £10 or even more on top of my order to receive a guaranteed delivery from a reputable company rather than rely on a company who has such a bad rating as DPD.

Could O2 take this into consideration as an option? I have taken the day off work Friday and now have to arrange for someone to be at my house Saturday in the hope this gets delivered, so in the scheme of things and what I have experienced today, £10 extra would be value for money.

Message 6 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Appreciate the mention on this one @Glory1!

Sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your delivery today @skunk123punk . I can pass on your feedback around what happened. I'll need a couple of details so will drop you a quick message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 10

Skyhawk1010
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I was fortunate to have my exquisite Note 9 delivered by UK Mail who performed a textbook delivery for me. 

DPD are easily the very worst courier I’ve ever had the misfortune to use. Order anything on a Saturday for Sunday delivery off Amazon, M and S etc and it always ends up at a collection point .

DPD then lie saying you selected collection point on your order or on their app by your phone. 

They then become extremely aggressive should you dare to challenge their lies.

Message 8 of 10

skunk123punk
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And so the sorry saga continues and still no phone ☹

As you can see from the below image I was all set for Saturdays delivery.

DPD.jpg

I Waited until around 11:00 today (Saturday) and still had not received a text with my 1-hour time slot, tried calling DPD but got stuck yet again in the automated loop so called O2 who contacted DPD to be told that it will now be Monday before my phone is delivered. I asked the O2 lady if she could ask DPD if I could go and collect the package myself from the depot and they said yes, I could.

I set off on the 27-mile journey to the DPD depot and after the 1.2-hour drive (traffic was terrible) I went to the collection desk, provided my parcel number, the DPD gentleman went away for about 10 minutes then returned to say the package was not available as it had not been booked back in and was locked away!

I called O2 again while I was still at the depot to see if they could influence DPD into giving me my package, and after 40 minutes on the phone, the nice O2 lady said the DPD cannot gain access to the package and it will be delivered on Monday, so I drove the 27-miles back home empty handed.

This now means I’m going have to find someone to wait in at my house on Monday incase the package actually turns up.

I also have the added frustration that I had already sold my current S8+ phone and should have sent it off today but now have to contact the buyer to say there is going to be a delay.

This is the last time I shall be putting myself through this miserable ordeal, before I buy anything online again, I’ll be finding out if they are using DPD and if so, will shop elsewhere.

This has ruined my upgrade experience that I have been so looking forward to.

Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing @skunk123punk . I've sent you a message so get back to me when you have a minute. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 10