Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are O2 customer service so awful?

MrBell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Trying to leave O2 is like getting out of Hotel California. 
Customer services are completely rubbish! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36412 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

That is why the customer forum here has guides like this one, @MrBell - Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 2 of 10

Dunc
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you get an answer to this let me know. I've been trying for almost 3 months

Message 3 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6757 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

@Dunc Just get a PAC or STAC code and give it to your new network

Simples

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 10

Dunc
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's not simple if you take out a contract and the courier looses your new iphone14 before its even delivered! Like I said I'm nearly 3 months into this dispute, I have no iPhone 14 and a 25G contract I'm getting billed for every month and every time I try and get a PAC code it tells me my early cancellation fee is £700+ quid even though I have been trying to cancel the whole thing well within my cooling off period and have no phone. Disgusting behaviour from O2 and it appears there is absolutely nobody competent enough in customer services to sort it out. If I behaved like this at work I would expect a fact find and disciplinary and I work for an extremely large communications company myself. 

Message 5 of 10

Dave59
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Totally agree with you they are useless you give them all the account information then they pass you on to a colleague to ask for all the information again 😡 and somehow I had the patience today to do it three times today and still got nowhere.

Message 6 of 10

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 341 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Like most customer services, it does depend on who you get. Some are more knowledgeable, have come across what may be a very rare issue previously and know the fix and some just seem to care more. 

Personally have found O2 to be better just because of the forum.  Other networks CS match O2 in most ways but just have a much less active forum.

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 7 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6757 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

Sad to say, we no longer have anyone on this forum who can chase this up for you.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 10

zuckoff
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I couldn’t agree more O2 are the worst customer service ever !!

Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6255 Posts
  • 108 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@zuckoff wrote:

I couldn’t agree more O2 are the worst customer service ever !!

I am not sure about that @zuckoff ; the standard of Customer Service across the UK mobile network operators is mediocre.

If you look at the community forums of the other networks, you will soon get a flavour of what they are finding troublesome. And it is worth bearing in mind that O2 have many more customers than their competitors.

I am not defending O2, just saying that the competition is just as bad ! devil     

Message 10 of 10