cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who should I contact/how can I contact someone about a broken phone when I have acident damage cover

Rosss
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lengthy title exlains it all really! 

I am currently trying to find some way to contact O2 about getting a replacement phone as mine has suffered an accident and it is rather vital for work, Normally I would go into the shops for things such as these but that is out of the question! 

It says on the website

''We’ve now reopened Live Chat, but with fewer agents and reduced hours (8am - 8pm). You’ll only be able to use Live Chat when an agent is available.

For queries, please take a look at our help pages, sign in to My O2 or if you’re a business customer, try My O2 Business.'' 

But I cannot see anything maybe they are closed on a Sunday? 

As for phoning O2 that is also out of the question, not too sure my neighbours would appreciate me coming over for a phone call hahaha 

Now for the second part who should I contact is there a specific *O2 Mob Ins AccDamage £6 Monthly* thing I can contact or who should I speak to 

Thanks for reading, hopefully someone out here has all the answers! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@RosssSee this guide. You can download and use Skype to call any of the numbers.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Edit: There's also this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-insurance 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Rosss
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just tried ringing them via the number provided but I got stuck with an automated service that said insurance claims can only be made for stolen phones, despite my insurance being for accidental damage

Also that link you edited in doesn't lead anywhere I belive it's dead 

Thanks anyways though! 

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Rosss Apologies for the dead link, but what they're telling you regarding your insurance is absolute rubbish. If you paid to be able to claim for accidental damage, then that's exactly what you're entitled to claim for! I know it may take a lot of patience on your part, but don't let them fob you off with a totally lame excuse. You just need to keep trying until you get through to someone who can deal with your issue in a professional manner. The methods O2 have used to handle customer's difficulties during this crisis has been nothing short of appalling.

Edit: I've just tried this link and it works: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-insurance

I've also found this:

How to submit a claim

Just call O2 customer services on 202 free from your O2 mobile or 03448090202 (uk standard rate). You may be asked to fill out a claim form.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4