cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck? 0845 and 0870 numbers not included in bundle!

Anonymous
Not applicable
What a shocker of a bill this month. I had to make a few calls to call centres (0845 numbers) over December and it turns out that 0870 and 0845 numbers aren't included in your minutes bundle! What kind of a joke is this? Why on earth, when you're paying £35 for a 600 min bundle can't lo-call numbers be included. Disgraceful!

Is it just me, or do the majority feel this is an underhand way of generating income outside a standard tarrif?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the same for all networks - indeed some put the prices up this year!

BT will be including them in free call bundles from landlines from this weekend but I doubt the mobile networks will take notice

Try using this http://www.saynoto0870.com/ to find an alternative
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
My orange phone includes 0845 numbers, just comes out of my monthly minutes. Pretty sure about that *shuffles off to check bill from Orange to be certain*...
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure o2 used to include these numbers but about a year ago they stopped. They used to on my contract anyway.
Message 4 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
These numbers generate an income for the company that uses them and the company that provides the number so call costs have to be paid.

As far as I can remember o2 have always charged for these and most 0800 numbers.

Ofcom has been working on the removal of these number types by introducing the 03 number range and most landline providers treat 03 numbers the same as a normal 01 02 number as do o2.

As said before use saynoto0870 to find a 01 02 number and then the call is included this also applies to landline calls as well as they also excluded those until recently on bt but other landline provioders may not follow bt's lead.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
These numbers are classed as non geographical numbers, they are not standard UK landlines and therfore are chargeable.

Once again its something that is stated in the T$C's but it seems that nobody seems to read them these days then just kick off when there not happy with whats not included.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been with O2 since these numbers were included, and have stuck with them even though they now are not (although I did cancel a contract because of this change). No other network includes them anyway, and I think O2 have the best service-coverage combination for me.

BT has started including them in bundles, which might or might not lead to these numbers being included in bundles again. However lots of companies have since switched to 0844 or even worse 0871.

I think the situation with 0845/0870 isn't so bad because it affects all phones. The one I really have a bone to pick on is charging for Freephone calls. It's the one reason why landlines are still useful....
Message 7 of 7