cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the point of platinum customer service?I literally will be leaving.had enough

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Hi everyone,can anyone explain to me the benefit of being a platinum customer?any time I phone up I seem to get put through to advisors that tell me can't deal with you will have to pass me you on to my colleague in another department cause your platinum!
The hilarious thing is I call 402,so literally wat is the point.
Then some advisors are a complete waste of time,they couldn't care about trying to help you.One actually advised me to leave!When I said ok they said you will lose your platinum status 😂😂 lol
Then there are some that are amazing at their role.They try to help you any way they can.
I've been a loyal o2 customer for years,to be fair mayb it's time I moved on.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Charlieboyoo  I think your last line is your answer.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35223 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I was Platinum for a while. Lost it when I realised I could get a better phone more cheaply, and still on O2's network, from another outlet. I have been with O2 since the days whan they were Genie... 

Can't say I have noticed much difference between Platinum and Plebeian, TBH LOL 

Message 3 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

I find platinum CS exceptional for me the benefits are, only had 1 agent who couldn't care less and I believe he has been moved to payg lol

I have even had a bottle of wine from platinum CS when my account was completely broken, to say thanks for my patience which I thought was a nice touch.

A lot more experienced agents in a small team think there's about 30 agents (Happy to be corrected)

A lot more friendly agents

99% first time fixes

I have never waited more than 1minute to get through to an agent.

If dialling 402 doesn't put you through to them, then it seems your number isn't in the System to recognise you.. so an agent has to transfer you. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
So who or what do you have to do to get platinum?
Message 5 of 9

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
I got through to platinum this morning and the person said can't do nothing for you.i asked for my PAC code they panicked.retentions seem to try and help like
Message 6 of 9

pgn
  • 35223 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So who or what do you have to do to get platinum?

That's a good question - can't say I know what nudged me up into that bracket for 2 or 3 years. I did get a good upgrade whilst I was Platinum, as I recall, and a dedicated phone number to call if I needed help. 

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Monthly cost perhaps, say if you are spending north of 50 quid a month.

Message 8 of 9

pgn
  • 35223 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Not in my case - most of the contracts I have had have been in the £28 to £32 range, monthly, all-in. My current contract is the highest I have had, but it is off-set by a payback deal over 2 years, which still keeps it sub-£35 monthly. No Platinum since long ago...
Message 9 of 9