cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What rubbish Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am really #### off with the way that you get treated by this company. If you have forgotten your password you're up the creak without a paddle. They refuse you to speak to a member of the Management team and out the phone down on you.

I have now reverted to a monthly contract after finishing an 18 month stint. for them to keep me as a customer they need to do a lot of sucking up.

Wake up as we pay your wages.

Also I have changed to a Simplicity 20 and ordered it on the 9th Sept 09 and received the card on the 10th of Sept. When I checked on line to all the details I noticed that the bill was incorrect. They said that they were charging me for the 9th of September as this was the day of signing up.
My annoyance to this is,I was not physically able to use the contract as I did not have the card. How can you charge me for a day I physically can't use due to them not sending me the card and receiving it on the same day as opening the account.

You are a bizzare bunch.

I was also told that this was stated in the contract. NO IT IS NOT, I have checked it.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Before having a rant its always a good idea to make sure you are talking to the right people, this is a customer forum, there is no-one from O2 here.

If you used the same language on the phone as you were in your rant, its no wonder they cut you off.

I would write down your complain and get someone to proof-read it and correct any mistakes. Make sure you stick to the facts, don't use emotive or insulting language and make sure you get things in the right order.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I switched to O2 from Virgin 1 month ago and was surprised to find that they too charged me for the day I contacted them to sign up, even though I didn't receive the SIM until the next day and so couldnt possibly have used the inclusive allowance for that extra day they charged me for. Although the money was a trivial amount, it was the principal of it that I objected too and the fact that all these small sums add up to some considerable amount of money when you consider the number of customers they have. So I e-mailed them told them very politely what I thought and that I would be cancelling my switch as I thought this practice was outrageous. I got the same reply you did that it is in the contract but cannot find it anywhere, but in addition was told as a goodwill gesture they would refund my payment for that first day on my next bill which is due on Sunday, so will see if they actually do it. They clearly do this routinely and should not be allowed to get away with it. I would recommend you contact them again calmly by e-mail and try my approach.

DaveMatt
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
1) It is not the advisors fault you have forgotten your password, if you can't pass security then you need to go away and find the details you need to pass security. You do not need to be sucked up to because you can't remember a password and you're not happy about it. If you found out someone accessed your account because security was so lax then I'm sure you wouldn't be happy, this is there to keep you safe.

2) With regards to the billing system, it doesn't know you took it online, for all it knows is you took it instore and you've been using it. If you're that bothered about the 65p then phone up and claim it back, you will be hard pressed to find an advisor who refuses this request.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Before having a rant its always a good idea to make sure you are talking to the right people, this is a customer forum, there is no-one from O2 here.
If you used the same language on the phone as you were in your rant, its no wonder they cut you off.
I would write down your complain and get someone to proof-read it and correct any mistakes. Make sure you stick to the facts, don't use emotive or insulting language and make sure you get things in the right order.

I did not swear at them and we offered them other alternatives that would prove it was our account. They were not interested and put the phone down. That is why I rant. They are useless
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I switched to O2 from Virgin 1 month ago and was surprised to find that they too charged me for the day I contacted them to sign up, even though I didn't receive the SIM until the next day and so couldnt possibly have used the inclusive allowance for that extra day they charged me for. Although the money was a trivial amount, it was the principal of it that I objected too and the fact that all these small sums add up to some considerable amount of money when you consider the number of customers they have. So I e-mailed them told them very politely what I thought and that I would be cancelling my switch as I thought this practice was outrageous. I got the same reply you did that it is in the contract but cannot find it anywhere, but in addition was told as a goodwill gesture they would refund my payment for that first day on my next bill which is due on Sunday, so will see if they actually do it. They clearly do this routinely and should not be allowed to get away with it. I would recommend you contact them again calmly by e-mail and try my approach.
They have agreed to do the same with me on a second call. The first advisor refused to do anything about it. I will await my next bill just like you to see if they will refund the difference. I agree it just the prinipal of what they are doing.
DaveMatt
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
1) It is not the advisors fault you have forgotten your password, if you can't pass security then you need to go away and find the details you need to pass security. You do not need to be sucked up to because you can't remember a password and you're not happy about it. If you found out someone accessed your account because security was so lax then I'm sure you wouldn't be happy, this is there to keep you safe.
2) With regards to the billing system, it doesn't know you took it online, for all it knows is you took it instore and you've been using it. If you're that bothered about the 65p then phone up and claim it back, you will be hard pressed to find an advisor who refuses this request.

We had all the details that would have given access to the account. They are allowed to ask only 2 questions. If you fail those then they don't want to know.
If they my custom then they need to sort something out and treet the customer like customers. Remember without us there would be no 02.
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
We had all the details that would have given access to the account. They are allowed to ask only 2 questions. If you fail those then they don't want to know.
If they my custom then they need to sort something out and treet the customer like customers. Remember without us there would be no 02.

Quite clearly, you did not have 'all the details' as you didn't have your password. Using your theory, there is no point in even having a password then. My nextdoor neighbour knows my name and address as do people who work for my bank, my insurance companies as do countless other people. Any unscrupulous employees would be given access to my account by your theory. The company that provides my mobile phone insurance knows what tariff i'm on. My bank obviously knows my account number etc. From the advisor point of view, you either have the details they need or you don't. There is no inbetween i'm afraid.

You also seem to be under the impression that without you, there would be no O2. I think you're very much kidding yourself here. You'll find out when your contract is up and you phone them expecting a 'special deal.' You will be in for a shock when they say bye-bye to you quicker then you can blink your eyes.
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

They only ask 2 questions for a reason, if they keep asking someone questions eventually some will be correct either by chance or because someone has got hold of your bill.

If you want a company who is willing to let anyone have access to your account then good luck finding one. You'd be the first one kicking and screaming when someone fraudulently orders items on your account and you're left paying them.
Message 9 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Bizarre! wink
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 13