Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has happened to the O2 shops?

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have always found that O2s customer service is much better than the other mobile providers I have dealt with (3 being the only one I've never had dealings with).

The staff in the O2 shops have always been knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.  That is up until the last couple of years. 

Now the staff look uninterested unless you want the very latest phones and are completely unwilling to help with any other questions you have.  I've had 2 experiences in the last month alone where the staff were just uninterested in helping.  One even told my wife, who had ordered an upgrade phone online and was collecting, that she may have to wait 72 hours while her new SIM was activated. I could tell by the look on her face she was sceptical about what he was saying and I told her there was no need to change her SIM and that her current one would work fine in the new phone and everything would go smoothly.  The agent in the shop said she should ring a number on the receipt if this wasn't the case.  After leaving the shop I told her everything would be fine and that she needn't worry.  The phone just worked straight away after swapping the SIM card from the old phone into the new phone and going through the initial setup.

Had this been a customer without any tech knowledge, they'd have been stuck in a right mess trying to get their SIM swapped to a different SIM card when there was no need to do this. O2 shop staff these days just seem completely clueless.

Thanks

Steve
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27683 Solutions
Yes, many of them are unfortunately.
Best place to come for general advice is on here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

I actually think it can be down to the area you live in and and the advisor you get at the time. I have never had any issues with the one in my town. Mind you it helps when I go in acting my 'old' age and playing the helpless card.... I will take the pity if it gets me what I want LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27683 Solutions
I agree. There are good and bad as with everything, but it would be nice if they were all good slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I agree. There are good and bad as with everything, but it would be nice if they were all good slight_smile

True but then i rarely use them. I just ask you....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @welshsteve76,

Thanks for posting this feedback. I'll share with the rest of the team. If you have any further info that may help us, feel free to send me a PM and we can have a chat.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 6