Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Week three of Caton outage!!!!

Artlebeck
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Mystifies me how 02 manage to rectify an international problem in a day while ignoring the extended outage in the Lancaster area ... after 6 days I contacted them and was informed by ‘Network Services ‘ ... ‘what do you expect us to do if we can’t get access to the land the mast is on ‘!!!!! That person then terminated the call .... annoying texts promising updates have followed .... its not updated we need ... its action .... and truthful responses when we complain . My last exchange included a complete denial that a land dispute exists and the comment ‘you shouldn’t have been given that information . O2 are treating us with contempt here ... preparing a complaint to ombudsman... more wasted time and stress as my efforts to run my business are hindered by 02 who follow up customer service calls with ‘how did we do ‘!!!!!now that really is rubbing salt into wounds !!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Artlebeck

I do feel for you, though have to say O2 are correct when they infer it's not always easy to repair a mast.

They do have to wait for permission to access land. The ownership of said land could have changed since they first erected the mast.

I might suggest if this is a longstanding problem, that you move providers. If you make a good complaint they may allow you to leave without penalty (if you are lucky)

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

(Use Resolver in the link above. It is known to get good results )

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Artlebeck I'm not defending O2, but there are masts on privately owned land, and sometimes they have difficulty in gaining access. Whatever the situation is, you shouldn't be spoken to like that by customer service. The ombudsman won't do anything about this. You need to lodge a formal complaint with O2 before you take things further. https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3