cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was o2 too quick to drop the Smart home product?

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Got an interesting news story link yesterday.

Apparently Vodafone are launching an IoT/Smart Home range in conjunction with Samsung. Currently only available in Spain but believed to be followed with other countries.

As someone who used (and found it both useful and simple to use) the o2 Smart Home I wonder if dropping it was just a cost cutting excercise or if they realised it was not going to be profitable.

Any opinions?

Link to news story below.

http://www.hiddenwires.co.uk/news/article/vodafone-launches-v-home-smart-home-services

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Interesting news @gmarkj, thanks for posting! I'm curious, are you still using any other smarthome products  after O2 Home? slight_smile

Message 2 of 7

gmarkj
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Yes and no @Marjo.
The Tado heating is still in use, and we have recently added an Echo dot but the cameras are currently for display only.
I do need to sort them out as there are ways to get them back working but as yet I have not had any time to do it.
Another item on the never ending list of jobs...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 3 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Yes and no @Marjo.
The Tado heating is still in use, and we have recently added an Echo dot but the cameras are currently for display only.
I do need to sort them out as there are ways to get them back working but as yet I have not had any time to do it.
Another item on the never ending list of jobs...

Good luck! slight_smile 

Is it then somehow linked with Alexa?

Message 4 of 7

gmarkj
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
No the Tado is a stand alone system.
I had not thought about linking the Tado to the echo dot we have, but apparently you can. That will make the other half happy - she won't need to open the app just shout at Alexa!

Message 5 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
No the Tado is a stand alone system.
I had not thought about linking the Tado to the echo dot we have, but apparently you can. That will make the other half happy - she won't need to open the app just shout at Alexa!

Fantastic

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 7