Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting to be served

J-F
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Like a good O2 customer I arranged my upgrade online, choosing to collect my new phone in store. I was very unhappy therefore to have to stand waiting for nearly twenty minutes while the four shop assistants served seated customers. 

I understand that in-store transactions often take time and that it's important that customers don't feel rushed when being served.  But if I go to other retailers, they have a click-and-collect point which is always available to people. Why is there no click and collect in store? Collecting my new phone took less than five minutes so why did I have to stand there for twenty?

What is O2's policy on serving customers in store. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@J-F

I'm not sure what O2's policy is instore. I've never had any issue with my local store, there again I've never had a click and collect order

I suppose like anything it will depend how busy they are. Monday would be one of their most hectic days I imagine.

I will mention the community managers here and they can feedback your comments.

@Marjo@Martin-O2@EmilieT.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
Most O2 stores aren't large enough to have a dedicated click and collect area, at least not the ones I've been in. They probably don't do enough business that way anyway to warrant an area for that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s not actually unusual for this to happen. I’ve had to wait myself to be seen to when purchasing a new device or seen people waiting for a seat & staff member to attend to them 

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

What would you have the assistants do, leave the customers they are with to attend to you? i would be pretty angry if I was purchasing a phone and the salesman left me to deal with a click/collect customer. There is no policy in place for that to happen thankfully. Don't forget that these staff get commission on sales, they earn nothing from any customer purchasing online. I personally, would not expect preferential treatment purely because I had the foresight to order online.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also they have tablets & take your details & requirements down if there is a queue so when there is a space available then you will be guaranteed to be seen
Message 6 of 6