Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting times

ME1967
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is anyone else appalled by the current lack of customer service O2 are providing?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@ME1967 It's been like that for some time, and is probably no different for any of the mobile network providers. This is a customer to customer community. We have no access to anyone else's account, so you'll need to wait in the queue to contact O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Most utilities are now struggling with answering customer needs in an acceptable response time

Staff cut-backs and outsourcing to overseas call centres are two areas of crucial customer service

Acceptable? No

Understandable? To a point..

Having said that it would seem to everyone on here just how much customer service has declined with O2, both in quality of service advisers and their much practised art of dropping calls when a query is too complex and time consuming for them (targets to meet and managers to answer to!)

Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Probably best to use the Social Media links. That way no waiting listening to music and you can keep a record of all that is said 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

The problem is no one wants to work in Call Centres in the UK, as the Great British Public, swear down the phone, threaten staff, even make death threats and threats of harm to staff...  So I am not surprised, and this is why recruitment is so hard in the UK, and why Crapita, and TelePerformance have move to South Africa and Manila for Contact Centres, as people in those countries want to work in Call Centres... 

So I am afraid the unwashed have caused this, and we all have to suffer... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

YES! Customer Services from O2 and Virgin Media have become much much worse. 

I disagree to blame the public. While some people are just rude obviously, most others are mainly just left completely exasperated and frustrated whenever they deal with these companies CS agents. Especially the ones from abroad, who unfortunately frequently cannot follow a customer conversation to a proper conclusion. 

When customers ask simple questions that are mis-answered or are not carried out correctly after they were told they would be (repeatedly!), or agents blatantly lying to them about various things (me, after dealing with VM phone staff over 10+ calls recently!), then you know these companies just do not care about even the most basic training, nor the more important management oversight to have proper supervision to make sure things are done appropriately as needed to complete tasks. 

I doubt that'll change, as CS is just seen as a 'cost base' to be avoided and cut-back as much as possible these days. 

Message 6 of 6