Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting time on replacement phone

Bekki
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone waiting more than 2 weeks for a replacement phone? Its been a week now and they keep telling me the huawei p20 pro is out of stock and they cant tell me when its back in stock. Im a bit concered Im going to have to wait months for a replacement? Ive made numerous complaints but they cant tell me anything. They've offered me a replacement samsung but tbh in my opinion that phone isnt as good and isnt a very good replacment option. Its a bit fustrating that they cant tell me how long to wait considering I pay an excess and pay for the device monthly, also I feel like they might be doing this so they can give me a refurbished one and because its so new that might be why its out of stock. Im trying to hold off getting a phone in meantime in case  it comes tomorrow but i'd like to know if anyones waited longer than 2 weeks so I then know ill need one. Thanks 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bekki

If you are waiting for a particular phone then it may be a long wait....

If it's a replacement it will be refurbished anyway.

You can persevere with O2 customer services and your insurance company...

I'm not sure our community managers @Marjo or @Martin-O2 can deal with this?

If not, then you can make a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Bekki Just to add to what @Cleoriff has already said, don't wait in for a delivery on a Sunday. If the community managers have the capability of dealing with this, the earliest would be Monday. If you lodge a complaint using the link provided, they will not be able to help.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

Bekki
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It would be easy to persevere with them if they could give me some sort of idea how long im expecting to wait, I need to know if its weeks or months. If i'm paying for the device and I'm without it for over a month then surely I shouldn't have to pay that as its 02 insures stock issues that are at fault - I've made complaint but getting absolutely no where and keep getting 'my hands are tied, I cant give you any sort of time frame'. Im wondering if anyone else has had to wait a month or so, so then I can get a phone in the mean time and take up the matter of not paying for the device for a month considering I havent had one (I would still pay the airtime bill as I can use the sim card in a different phone)
Message 4 of 10

Bekki
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ah right cheers, hoping someone can help! tbh I highly doubt I could even get it for Monday - the alternative samsung they've offered me I cant get until Tuesday.
Message 5 of 10

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Bekki We are all customers here, so that's about as far as we can take it. At the very least you should have been offered a temporary replacement phone, and some sort of compensation related to paying for a phone you're unable to use. You're just going to have to get back on to customer service. With any luck you'll find a sympathetic person on the other end who knows what they're doing, but it's pot luck these days, I'm afraid.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

Bekki
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino The problem is, they say because its the 02 insure they are completly different to 02. So meanwhile 02 have stock of the model brand new but cant give it to me because its with insurance. Which is SO fustrating. Im happy to wait, i'd just like them to tell me how long, which they can't. Just here to air my greivences and find out if anyone has had to wait over a month. Customer services have actually been good, its not their fault they're limited to the information to give me, the big wigs need to change the fact they cant tell customers how long to wait for a phone theyre paying so much money a month for! 

Message 7 of 10

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Bekki It shouldn't take this long for O2 Insure to deal with your claim. If community admin can't help you on Monday, use the complaint link provided above, and Resolver within that link. Good luck. Hope you get this sorted soon.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So eager are they to take your insurance money for a phone they can't replace. I think it despicable of them. It's a new phone and need to wait for a refurbishment to fulfill their obligation to replace the phone. Honestly, they should be seeking to source a new phone now and stop messing customers about, customers who took out insurance in the belief they had IMMEDIATE cover!

Message 9 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @Bekki, how are you getting on with this, have you made any progress yet since you last posted? 

I'm not sure how much more we can do on our end, but happy to check what the suggested next steps would be and if there's any information we could share in case that helps in any way. slight_smile

Message 10 of 10