cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL O2 EVER SELL MACBOOKS/MACBOOK PROS IN THE UK?

Chester8315
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been with O2 for a long time and am mostly happy. There’s the odd mobile blackspot, which I’ve reported, but that aside I like being with O2. I’ve had multiple products, from iphones, apple watch, iPads, iPad Pros etc. Obviously I’m heavily invested in apple products and I like how they work together. I use an iMac and iPad Pro for work purposes and am interested in a Macbook Pro, for personal and business use. 
I know this has been asked before, but why don’t O2 sell Macbooks? I’ve seen them on the German O2 site and now Sky is also selling them like a phone contract. Why can’t/won’t O2 do the same? I’d much rather stay with O2, but if they won’t look at this option part of my business will be going over to Sky. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6773 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

This is something we would need to ask @Chris_K 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Short version: There are currently no plans to range Apple Macbook's, but as with most things, there is a chance that could change in the future but if or when that may happen, it's impossible to say - and it may never happen.

Long version: Due to commercial sensitivity and various agreements I'm unable to go into much detail on this, but there are various complexities involved in stocking specific Apple product ranges that currently prevents us from ranging them. Again I can't go into anything more specific than that - and while it's not a hard "no / never", the situation may (or may not) change in the future.

I know that doesn't help you right now but if you're hoping to make a decision one way or another sometime soon, you may need to look at other options outside of O2 - sadly.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Chester8315 

You could consider buying direct from Apple or from one of their approved resellers such as Western Computers.

Buying direct from Apple seems a fairly painless experience, and if you can wait until Black Friday, you might find that the deal includes a voucher with which you can then buy accessories. Last year's BF offers included a voucher for about ten per cent of the hardware's purchase price.     

Message 4 of 4