cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail nightmares

Anonymous
Not applicable

TL;DR my voicemail isn't working and it's proving very hard for O2 to fix.

So my voicemail suddenly stopped working.

No joy with 1760/1750 (just 3 beeps and call failed)

Spoke to a really helpful guy who got the network team to do some magic. Yay - got voicemail. Only trouble is EVERYTHING is going straight to voicemail.

Not ideal for a business phone.

Rang back. Not so helpful.

Two hours and 4 calls later I'm not a happy customer at all.

Various advice:

Take your sim card out and reboot the phone. 😂😂😂

It's Tugo.

I don't have Tugo.

Yes you do.

Repeat several times.

So I download the app, setup a new password etc and login to delete the Tugo account.

Still doesn't work.

Apparently I need to delete the app as well 😂😂😂

Delete the app.

Still doesn't work.

Speak to a "guru". Apparently I haven't deleted the account properly - even though I hit the only "delete account" button and the app said I had.

You need to download Tugo again.

I'm not very happy by this time.

Can I speak to someone else. I don't think that will work as it didn't work when I just did it two hours ago.

No. We are not allowed.

Can I speak to a supervisor.

No. It's a 24 hour call back.

Can I speak to the complaints dept?

Let me put you on you hold.

5 mins later - I'll open a case for you. We don't normally do this. They'll get back to you in 5 days.

So still no voicemail. Still pretty cheesed off.

Anyone else had terrible experiences with voicemail/Tugo and can suggest something before I go find another provider?

Cheers!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Clearly account related so only customer service can fix it for you.
Keep trying and good luck although a new provider might be your best option wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Any of the tips here of help https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Voicemail-not-kicking-in/td-p/895553 but persevering on the phone may be the only option 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 9

Eklevaya
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

# O2 Customer service 

Perhaps you need to look at alternative service providers.

When not satisfied with the customer service representative - speaking to a supervisor / higher authority to escalate a matter is a fundamental right of any paying customer.

O2 's answer to that proposition is as an O2 customer you have 24 - 48 hours of waiting time when you request a call back from the manager/supervisor at O2.

then O2 claims - we are the best customer service !!! 

Eklevaya

Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

At one time that was true enough. Now sadly the networks are all on a par with each other.... 

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys - really helpful advice. Shame O2 first and second line weren't as good.

Third line called this morning and were great. Guy clearly knew what he was talking about.

Apparently the Tugo account had deleted on one system but not the other. Nothing I could do at my end. He had to take me off the network to fix.

Text book service recovery. Didn't let me go until resolved and tested. And didn't waste my time with stupid suggestions.
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Glad it's sorted for now.
It was obviously something that needed to be done account side but as you've discovered, finding someone who knows what they are doing is half the battle!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Glad you got it sorted. I need to sort my voice mail out because I can't disable it. I just don't have the will at the moment to start deleting the TU account and set it up again. Already tried signing out and deleting and reinstalling but to no avail. It's possible that it's down to having the app installed on two laptops that I have no access to for the foreseeable future so I may just have to leave voice mail enabled for now.

But as said, getting through to the right person is absolutely everything with O2 these days.

Message 8 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good afternoon @Anonymous! Welcome to our forum. Awesome to see the issue got sorted in the end! slight_smile

Message 9 of 9