cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin to O2 migration ******show, I can't be the only one.

fedup7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since 7th July, when my Virgin phone was migrated to O2,  I have had no texts, no calls and no data.  I did receive welcome texts from O2 but a few hours later the phone ceased all communication and has remained silent ever since.  All it will say is 'service provider locked' and no amount of turning it off and on again helps. 

This has caused me huge problems both personally and professionally.  I cannot find any online help.  The FAQs about migration don't have any proper information on what to do if there are problems, presumably because they wanted to pretend there wouldn't be any.

I took a guess that the handset is locked and/or not recognising O2 and I've tried to unlock the phone twice using the IMEI number but O2 send emails saying it's not an O2 device!  So O2 does not recognise it.  Virgin doesn't recognise it any more either.

In desperation I decided to end the contract (even though this would mean losing my number because I can't get a PUK code because no texts) but it's impossible.  It requires text verification and I can't recieve texts.  I have tried to set up phone contract with another company on another phone (even though I would be paying 2 bills) but my bank uses text verification so I can't confirm the payment to the other phone company.  I have tried to get onto the banking app to authorise the payment but that also requires text verification.  Everything requires text verification. 

So, I cannot get the problem fixed, I can't end the contract, and I can't set up a new phone contract.  I can't do all the things in life that rely on my phone.  I nearly lost my summer holiday because of this and had to ask a friend to pay almost £400, which I really did not want to do, because I couldn't authorise the online payment because my O2 phone doesn't work and I cannot get any help. 

In the meantime the welcome emails from O2 along with requests for feedback on my new product continue to arrive.  ***

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 11

pjskip
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m in the same boat. O2 say I’m their customer, virgin say I haven’t migrated. At the moment I’ve got two accounts active, one with o2 one with virgin both with the same number saying I’m still with them Can’t get any texts. I’m a pensioner relying on texts from my doctor. There’s supposed to be a dedicated section dealing with migrations except no one knows how to contact it. 

Message 3 of 11

nuttydoc
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been on o2 for 4 days. The only people I can call are o2.  I called them it took 45 minutes of trying to understand an Asian man,  I still cannot make calls or send text. I have incurred a charge of 13 pence for information services.

As you say bye-bye o2.

Message 4 of 11

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36421 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Here is the official word from March, if it helps @fedup7 @nuttydoc @pjskip 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/New-to-O2/Virgin-Mobile-to-O2-All-you-need-to-know/m-p/1607022/highlig...

There was a more recent update from VM forum:

1000004467.png

Message 5 of 11

pjskip
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
  • @fedup7 @nuttydoc @pgn 
    Today I have finally what seems to be a normal service. Texts have started coming through and Virgin have finally admitted that I am no longer a customer. I’ve wasted two hours a day over the last week going between the two companies who don’t seem to communicate with each other, it’s been left to me to relay information.. No customer service rep has been able to help me but without exception every one has tried to sell me a new plan.. nothing like getting your priorities right. It shouldn’t be like this. I honestly can’t see me sticking with O2 for very long.
Message 6 of 11

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36421 Posts
  • 234 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

When you choose to leave, this will help, @pjskip - Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Good luck!

Message 7 of 11

fedup7
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.  I'll be leaving as soon as I can cancel the contract.

Message 8 of 11

fedup7
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really pleased for you Skip.  It's outrageous you've had to go through all of that.  I still have nothing.  Have emailed a complaint and so far all I've had is multiple emails asking me how much I'm enjoying my new product.  The product is a disaster.

Message 9 of 11

fedup7
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update - It's now almost 2 weeks since my phone stopped working after being transfered from Virgin to O2.  I have emailed a complaint and heard nothing.

Message 10 of 11