Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media to O2 - NIGHTMARE MOVE

Mark2Dee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For almost three weeks my wife's mobile number from Virgin Mobile has not been working, it will be exactly 3 weeks on Tuesday 8th August.  We migrated to O2 on 26th of May no issues at that point.  On 21st of July we put in new SIM that we received and at that point the Virgin Media number stopped working and it disappeared from the "MyO2" account screen.  We need the Virgin Mobile number re-activated so that we can use for:  Elderly parents in their mid eighties and nineties to contact us for any emergencies, GP and Hospital appointments, Dual Factor authentication with Bank, Dual Factor authentication for online services like Amazon etc.  Contacted both Complaints Departments and no resolution, we have Incident Case numbers with both O2 and Virgin Media but we have yet to receive resolution or an update.  Seems impossible to get the attention on O2 and Virgin Mobile of 2nd / 3rd like support, the 1st line follows scripted responses and we must assume they are not permitted to escalate any issues.  At this time the move to O2 has been a nightmare and extremely disappointing.  We'll wait until Monday and reach out to Ofcom on Monday.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Mark2Dee 

You can reach out to Ofcom but they will tell you to go away, as they dont deal with Consumer Complaints, and no one from here can help you. 

You will have to persevere with o2 and Virgin, and wait to see if there is an update.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

Mark2Dee
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madaskaf1sh  Thankyou for your reply.  Since this is the "Tech Support" forum would be nice to have someone from "O2 - Tech Support" team to respond to my issue.  Based on your response I assume you are not part of the "O2 - Tech Support" team.

Message 3 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Mark2Dee 

Nope I dont work for o2, we are all customers here. 

There is no o2 support on this forum, it is a customer to customer forum so you need to ring customer services on 0344 809 0202  or 202 and Virgin on 0345 454 1111

There is nothing anyone on here can do to help you. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 7

Mark2Dee
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK all, the plot thickens with Virgin Media to O2 migration 😉

Contacted O2 again today, because the Virgin Mobile number is still not active on O2, although I was assured the issue would be resolved by now. I’m starting to lose count of the number of times I've spoken to an O2 agent now for this issue and each time I have to reiterate the full story.

Apparently, this time, the number was “stuck” in the “SIM number push” process -- “stuck” that's a new technical term for me LOL.

So the O2 Agent has kindly submitted another "SIM number push" (case number: 1459252188), which will be attempted in 5 days time (Working Days) ; apparently “SIM number push” is not done over the weekend; I can only assume that the "SIM number push" process is manual, and O2 need to have "hands on deck" just in case things go pear shape.

So fingers crossed we will have the number again, in 5 working days; but on past O2 performance I’m not hopeful.

Message 5 of 7

Mark2Dee
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Question to the experts on this forum:  "Does it really take 5 working days for O2 to do a "SIM number push", they really don't get done every day of the week as issues with SIMs come in?

Message 6 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6620 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Good question.

From what we can glean. Monday to Friday is the normal PAC transfer and Sat and Sunday is reserved for moving Virgin accounts across.

But don't take it as gospel as it's more by observation than anything else

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 7