cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed now ex O2 customer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im just writing to say how disappointed I am in O2 and how regrettably I am now leaving after being an O2 customer for about 5 years.
Last time I renewed my contract 18 months ago I was messed around by O2 with getting a new handset. I was promised it a month after renewing contract and that date kept getting put back time and time again.
This year I have requested the Sony Ericsson C905 but have been told I will have to pay an extra £15 a month on my line rental - or pay £150 for the phone. However, my sister got the phone for free with O2 - with a better monthly contract - as a new customer!! Vodafone are offering me the phone for free with more minutes, unlimited texts - and for £10 less than I am currently paying!
However - O2 will not match that offer!!! They did tell me I could hang on for a few months in case they can match that offer at a later date - but I fear once again they are fobbing me off.
It has become apparent that O2 value new customers more than their long term faithful existing customers. I am so so disappointed as I really did not want to leave O2 - but they leave me no other choice. However - I will ensure I pass on this bad news to anyone I know considering moving to O2.
I regret having to leave O2 but their treatment of existing customers is very poor.
:robotsad:
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 may have saved you - the C905 has a terrrible reputation for reliability grin
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Speak to their retention department, they will usually do a deal to keep you
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive had a few discussions with the retention centre but no - nothing unfortunately. Really shocked.
Is the C905 really that bad??
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Joking aside - yes it is bad. Do a Google search but I read somewhere in one of the trade papers the return rate was above 30%
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Joking aside - yes it is bad. Do a Google search but I read somewhere in one of the trade papers the return rate was above 30%

30% is the people that keep the phone wink
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
C905 is the phone we get returned the most I would say.

Strange that retentions would not match the offer just for the sake of £10 a month. Who knows eh'?!
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
when did your sister get the c905? was it about a month ago?

the c905, along with practiculary all other phones went up in price about 3 weeks ago, across the whole company

proberbly due to teh fact the new iphone is out
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
my brother has had 3 of them since release and has now got his 4th I told him to wait and yet he still says it's a good phone, it would be if it worked
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
" This year I have requested the Sony Ericsson C905 but have been told I will have to pay an extra £15 a month on my line rental - or pay £150 for the phone"

Well you dont say how much your contract is and that may have a bearing on it?
Message 10 of 11