cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
More info

I am due an upgrade...what a laugh.... i remember when an upgrde meant a better phone for a similar tarrif and price that your currently on in a contract...now upgrades just mean pushing you into a more expensive contract...no wonder people leave...and no benefit if you stay loyal to provider... and another thing why the hell would i pay for a "like new phone" that is only £1/£2 cheaper than a brand new phone... if i pay £xx for a contract i expect a damn new phone... UPGRADE YOUR HAVING A LAUGH.. screw you out of more cash for less more like ..

Don't know Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous different people have completely different needs. I know some who have bought from the As New scheme and been very happy with it. I am on a sim only contract as I like  my current phone. My tariff is cheaper this year than last.

I mean... if you buy a new car... unless you go for a cheaper model you will pay more every year?

All a matter of choice and priority in my opinion....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
I don't suppose you expect a pay rise every year either then?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If i worked harder or did more hours then yes i would expect  a pay rise... but for phones they want to give you less and less for what you are paying...and the difference between phones contracts and suppliers is so vast... luckily ive found the phone i would like,( not a brand spanking just been designed 2017 model or a must have to look cool phone) with triple data,triple minutes and unlimited texts...(different provider) that o2 want me to pay £30+ a month for... it just amazes me how different deals are and how the main providers if you go direct just try to screw you...but isnt that the way of the world now.... sad really... Bang

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Yes you can shop around and get better deals on anything these days, but you have to blame the phone manufacturers for the ridiculous prices of handsets - I've bought damn good cars for a lot less than the price of a new iPhone or Samsung!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 7

MAGA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Do you want the best service and a real new phone? you have to pay for what you want,
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

You also have to make sure that any so called better deal gives you good service and excellent network coverage ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7