cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade nightmare - totally fed up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to share this......I upgraded to an Iphone 6 plus and paid £9 to have it delivered before 10.30 on Saturday.

At 10.05am I chcked the UKMail website which said it was delivered at 10:03 which a bit strange as nobody had knocked at the door and there was no card. I rang UKMail who told me had had been delivered five doors up the road. I went to my neighbours who told me they hadn't got it.

I rang O2 who contacted UKMail. Apparently the package had been signed for by 'Stan Lee'. Needless to say I was not impressed and asked for a refund of the delivery charge and for a replacement to be delivered

I went out for an hour or so and came back to find the package pushed through the letter box. I rang O2 (again) to tell them it had been delivered and to stop the replacement phone and any request to block the phone

After swapping the SIM online I waited for the phone to register on the O2 network which hasn't happened. Three web chats and one phone call later I've been told:

a) it takes 24 hours for a SIM swap to go thorugh

b) take the SIM out put it back in again

c) switch off for 20 minutes and switch it back on

d) a block has been put on the phone by the fraud/insurance department and even though I was given a reference number there is no trace of a block (although going to Setting >> General >> About >> Network says 'Phone Not Allowed' which is a bit of a clue to me...but I'm no expert.....)

e) Either the phone or SIM card is faulty and I need to go to my local O2 shop to get it sorted....

What a nightmare.....does anyone know what they're doing????????

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93231 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Oh dear me. O2 blocked the phone and the sim card obviously but it seems no one at O2 can take it upon themselves to sort out the mess that UK Mail create....

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous

An unfortunate turn of events which I hope O2 resolve for you swiftly. 

Your experience is why I prefer to Upgrade in a High Street Store. 

• No waiting in for Delivery 
  • No mobile phone Delays.
  • Walk out of the shop with the phone. 
  • If a different sized SIM card is needed this can be actioned in-store. 

I appreciate that a Store is not always local or convenient to commute to. 

Message 3 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

We are all customers here, so this isn't anything anyone here can help with. You're going to have to speak to Customer Service to try to get this sorted. I would suggest calling, rather than trying to use Live Chat. I think you're more likely to get a positive response if you actually speak to someone. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
If they did block the phone,which is most likely, it can takea few days for the block to be lifted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bambino!

So far I've made:

2 phone calls on Saturday

2 web chats on Sunday and

1 web chat and one phone call to Customer Services today (Monday)

I've tried them all!! No one here can help and neither can O2 customer services......

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Can you tell us what all these calls and chats have said to you? Have they told you the phone is barred?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Cleoriff

The last Web chat said there was. When I last rang customer services they said there wasn't. It seems no-one knows what's going on. All I'm doing is paying for a phone that doesn't work.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont really know what are they doing... I have a similar problem but it is been going on for more than a month... Every day I am on the o2 chat. Every second day I am calling and ive been in the shop quite a few times. Still my problem is not solved.. Dont know what to do. Cant leave them because i have a 2 years contract now.. 

Message 10 of 13