cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade flexibility?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm looking into replacements for my Samsung Note 4 as it's coming towards the end (it's had a busy 3 years, put it that way). The large screen is handy for work purposes, and the LG G6 seems to do everything I need (and is substantially cheaper than the Note 8).

I've had absolutely no issues with O2 to date but the trouble is this:
I can get 1500 minutes, 5000 texts and (most crucially) 4GB of data for £34.50 per month with a competing network, whereas the closest deal on O2 (unlimited minutes/texts but only 3GB of data) is over £39 a month when I go to upgrade.

I've never been in a position to upgrade with O2 so I just want to know the score: how flexible are O2 when it comes to upgrade terms - are they willing to drop down to match this other rate - or will I need to move to save the £110?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
I think you may need to move.
However, call 202 and choose the option to leave and you will get through to Retentions, ask for your PAC and they could possibly offer you a deal to stay with O2.
You don't ask you don't get. Be prepared to leave if the offer doesn't interest you and you will need the PAC to keep your number. Give it to the new network if you decide to leave.
If you don't use the PAC then it naturally expires after 30 days and nothing will change with your present account.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You may also be able to get a better deal by going through carphone warehouse. They can offer o2 tariffs but usually cheaper. The only difference is that they don't do refresh contracts, but if you keep your phones for 2+ years it won't matter to you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3