Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating contact preferences

Enduser
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I posted here a couple of hours ago but on looking back now I cannot see my post at all !!

A few days ago I received an email from O2 ? with the subject line saying 'Changes to data regulations: You're in charge' and asking me to update my marketing preferences, I assume in relation to the recent changes to the Data Protection Act, It provided a link and a four digit code to enter and access the appropriate page. I made my choices and on clicking 'save' the next page said that there had been an error.

There have been several further emails and I have tried to update the page over the past few days but have been unsuccessful in completing the preferred marketing information.

Has anyone else had this issue, any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Hi @Enduser The problem is, until you update your contact preferences they remain as O2 had set them as default.

In that time O2 will allow interested parties 'open access'

If you can't change them then try another browser or speak to Customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

PS I checked your previous posts and can find nothing on this topic at all?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Have you tried doing it independently of the link by going directly to My O2 or by using the app? 

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Just to add. You may want to try again doing this directly through My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Contact pref top part Feb.png

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve had that issue for ages. It was supposed to be fixed but it wasn’t. Sneaky O2

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
I have to use Opera browser to update mine as chrome always throws the same error that you are getting, so, try a different browser first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Even with a browser I have only just installed, I get odd messages - will try on the laptop presently:

original.jpg

Message 7 of 12

Enduser
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Have you tried doing it independently of the link by going directly to My O2 or by using the app? 

Yes I have, thanks.

Message 8 of 12

Enduser
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @Enduser The problem is, until you update your contact preferences they remain as O2 had set them as default.

In that time O2 will allow interested parties 'open access'

If you can't change them then try another browser or speak to Customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

PS I checked your previous posts and can find nothing on this topic at all?

I shall probably go the customer services route, thanks. I am glad that it wasn't just me who could not find my original post, all the forums seem to work in a slightly different way. I was beginning to wonder if it was a dodgy email.

Message 9 of 12

Enduser
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep, that's exactly what I got.

Message 10 of 12