Upcoming discussions & feedback

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi all!

I hope you are all doing well. Cat Happy

Thanks for all of your views on here around the rewards program, forum structure and content, among other features. It is clear there are some frustrations, as well as some great ideas emerging. We want to try and address as many as we can and have discussions about certain topics so that we can move forward in a constructive way.

Here are a few things we are reviewing:

Rewards

• We are looking into what kind of activities are needed for each level of rewards. This includes making sure certain helpful actions are favoured even more than they are now, to represent as much quality as possible when we reward members.
  • We are also looking into potential options of donating rewards to charity. This will be a long-term goal though, as we have not done this before in the network; we will do research into options.
  • The monthly rewards announcement might go through some changes - rewards are personal for each member, so we may simply announce that they are on their way, rather than publicly list who got what.

Forum content

• We’re reviewing what kind of content can be posted where. Our initial thoughts are that all mobile/tablet device discussion, as well as open discussion and feedback about O2 and its services will go in the ‘Discussions and Feedback’ section. We definitely encourage all other unrelated discussions to continue, but that will be limited to the Off-topic section. We will have an open discussion on this, and make it very clear in a semi-guideline post, where regulars and newbies will know what to post and where.
  • We’re looking into options of finding a URL for ‘Unread posts’ without off-topic content included, making it easier for those who purely want to offer advice to be able to bypass unwanted content.
  • We will create guides on what Kudos is for and how to use it, and will hold an open discussion about it. We are also open to changing its name if this is something that may make it easier to understand.

Guidelines

• We will include some additional points and other changes into the Community Guidelines for clarity. We’ll hold an open discussion to hear your views.

Forum Structure

• We will also look into for example removing ‘Unanswered threads’ form the bottom of the community homepage and will be thinking of a replacement box - this has been mentioned by some of you as well. Again, we would like to read your views on this too.

We are approaching Christmas and are busy planning the next year ahead, but will begin these discussions and reviews when we can. We want to concentrate on each of the topics separately to give them all the attention they deserve. Also, the community team may stick with certain aspects as they are, but we want to try and be as open as possible with our reasoning and approach. There will undoubtedly be some aspects that some will not like, but hopefully we can alleviate some frustrations and enable us all to have fun here, whilst at the same time continue welcoming new members into this great community of passionate people.

I look forward to opening up the discussions around each of these areas in more detail soon. I hope you have a great week. Cat Very Happy

Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Changes are needed badly and I look forward to the new rules and guidelines. I've mentioned before that unanswered topics are all stupid news items that no one has any interest in so I look forward to that change. You will notice that long standing members will not post in those threads on principal and if that upsets anyone, I'm sorry but it's the honest truth.

Message 2 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo  You obviously have a lot of work to be getting on with. I don't want to pre-empt any discussions that may take place on each of the issues, but a few thoughts did occur to me as I read through your update and I hope you don't mind if I share them now, as I may not be a regular participant in the weeks ahead.

First, as regards REWARDS - I think it would be a retrograde step not to mention the names of those who have been "rewarded".  I agree it is not necessary to divulge how much any particular individual is to receive but it surely must be a help to other members to have the names so they can at least get an idea of the sorts of contributions, comments and help that attract a reward.  It is still my view that it is unhelpfula and indeed poor businmess practice not to make known the basis on which rewards are determined.

Second - regarding donation of rewards to charity, there is no need for O2 to do anything about this.  If individuals wish to send their reward(s) to a chosen charity that is excellent, but they should  do so themselves and if they are UK Tax Payers, they can gift aid their donation so it is even more valuable to the Charity concerned.

Third, please consider replacing "Discussion and Feedback"  -  It is inevitable that people will discuss any feedback presented,, but what is the feedback supposed to relate to?  Is it feedback about O2, about answers already provided in the Community, about particular mobile phones or tablets or good/bad Customer Service.  You really do need to get someone at your end to work out more precisley what headings you present so that potential users can more readily direct their input to the correct quarter.

Finally,  I do hope  you can scrap the ludicrous Kudos system, or replace it with something more genuine and meaningful.

Thanks fo allowing me to rant - please have no qualms about consigning it to the WPB.  slight_smile

Message 3 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Marjo

It will be interesting to be a part of how we all can grow the Community Forum.

I know we've touched on Rewards before to which I suggested having a spot prize. Take out completely the algorithms created to collate whatever they do to attach a Reward.

That way everyone including those that don't participate as often in threads have the opportunity ->

Ie : Like the competition on the tablets not too long ago.

A person who posts between two designated dates has their names put in the hat to be thanked.

I'm happy to follow any guidelines on what's posted and where ,as being a member of the forum I'm obliged to do.

Any filters that can be put in place so a member can tweak their experience is greatly welcomed.

People have very different views and opinions to what content should be posted where or indeed not at all.

Wether a member wants to contribute in these types of threads is rightly up to them.

Personally I don't see them as "stupid" the same way as I don't see the Fun threads as stupid.

I hope my Tech Threads spark interest and debate and if someone starts a Google Search possibly gets the O2 Forum as a hit, visits and learns and even better maybe signs up if there an O2 Customer 😄 I don't disrespect any thread topics and am happy to engage.

As far as I'm aware nearly all such content on Tech News and Fun threads already go into Off Topic.

Here's looking forward to the official full debate. 😄
Message 4 of 77

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Marjo

It will be interesting to be a part of how we all can grow the Community Forum.

I know we've touched on Rewards before to which I suggested having a spot prize. Take out completely the algorithms created to collate whatever they do to attach a Reward.

That way everyone including those that don't participate as often in threads have the opportunity ->

Ie : Like the competition on the tablets not too long ago.

A person who posts between two designated dates has their names put in the hat to be thanked.

I'm happy to follow any guidelines on what's posted and where ,as being a member of the forum I'm obliged to do.

Any filters that can be put in place so a member can tweak their experience is greatly welcomed.

People have very different views and opinions to what content should be posted where or indeed not at all.

Wether a member wants to contribute in these types of threads is rightly up to them.

Personally I don't see them as "stupid" the same way as I don't see the Fun threads as stupid.

I hope my Tech Threads spark interest and debate and if someone starts a Google Search possibly gets the O2 Forum as a hit, visits and learns and even better maybe signs up if there an O2 Customer 😄 I don't disrespect any thread topics and am happy to engage.

As far as I'm aware nearly all such content on Tech News and Fun threads already go into Off Topic.

Here's looking forward to the official full debate. 😄

How many threads have not had a reply...I rest my case n'lud!:smileywink:

Message 5 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
You've had your say jonsie and I've had mine for now.

Whatever happens I'm sure we both want positive things for the O2 Community Forum. That's my agenda.
Message 6 of 77

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Mine too, maybe others don't want to express their opinions but i've never been one to  sit on the fence. Hope you appreciate that. 

Message 7 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Marjo 

Rewards

I would suggest if these remain we do NOT go down the route of hiding who got what. That will cause more frustration I imagine.

Forum content

I hope the discussions feedback thread remains. I have often posted there when I want to open a debate about forum layout....navigating round forum.... section for help links etc etc etc

There have also been a number of helpful technical threads. Photos from disk to laptop etc. All designed to help the poster who asked these questions AND many others who are here to learn. They are not off topic as such because they include technical advice.

Forum Structure.

As you mention 'unanswered topics' then I will say something about those. They are decreasing now I find...probably due to whoever posts going back and adding more to it in a second post. I am sure for the sole purpose, that it no longer appears to be unanswered

Kudos.

I personally like the system. If I feel I have learnt something from that post  my kudo acknowledges that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Mine too, maybe others don't want to express their opinions but i've never been one to  sit on the fence. Hope you appreciate that. 

Absolutely jonsie

I always try to find the positive in all things here and in real life. 

Certainly a two way street and I'll discuss as frankly as is required too.  

Message 9 of 77

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23078 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

As you mention 'unanswered topics' then I will say something about those. They are decreasing now I find...probably due to whoever posts going back and adding more to it in a second post. I am sure for the sole purpose, that it no longer appears to be unanswered

The unanswered topics don't get answered because no one is interested. The first four pages, possibly more as I got bored changing pages, have been posted mainly by one person.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 77