Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognised transactions

Jen82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've had a large number of game charges onto my daughters account from Roblox, completely sure my daughter didn't buy these, she doesn't know the password to buy things from Google and even if she did shes old enough to ask if she wants them. These are now totalling to £350. Contacted o2 first and said to contact Google and the investigated it and said they can't refund these and to speak to o2 again as they are the only ones who can remove these charges now. I'm trying to take higher with Google but does anyone have any advice to get this resolved/removed from the account? I'm really worrying I'll be stuck paying these when they haven't been been brought by us. Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144646 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Jen82 

I believe O2 will only refund the charges if authorised to do so by Google.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@Jen82

The best people to contact i would have thought would be Roblox. (https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203312650-Unauthorized-charges-or-stolen-credit-card)  Unfortunately if your daughter used Mobile Billing via o2, then someone has opted in for that service, as it has a 2 factor approval process when first switched on, and can be set to not use a password for payments. 

I appreciate this might not be the answer you are looking for but I doubt either o2 or  Google will refund the charges, due to the opt in feature.

I would log into the Google Account associated with your daughters handset and turn off Mobile Billing to o2. 

I assume you have completed this form https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2851610?hl=en-GB 

I would also contact o2 and ensure bill 2 mobile is turned off to prevent any further charges

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10776 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions
Hello @Jen82
Roblox is a very dangerous game for kids with pressure to upgrade costumes etc for the avatars which cost.
As @madasaf1sh has mentioned start turning off payment facilities particularly Bill 2 mobile o2 contact o2 customer services also turn off payments for premium calls.
I hope you get your charges refund but seems as if you may have to put it down to experience and sort out the preventative measures.
Good luck and welcome to the o2 community forum.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 4