Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking phone

Jadeliza99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I bought my mom a doro612 mobile on O2 as I'm with them. But forgetting moms got contract with vodafone for another 4 months. Any ideas on how to get it unlocked so she can use her sim till contract runs out, then change to o2
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
You can try putting your sim card in the phone and you'll have to use the phone for a day or 2 then fill out the unlocking form here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
Hopefully you won't have to wait 12 months to use the PAYG route.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
You can try putting your sim card in the phone and you'll have to use the phone for a day or 2 then fill out the unlocking form here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
Hopefully you won't have to wait 12 months to use the PAYG route.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Jadeliza99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, don't want to wait a year. 😀
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
You should be OK with your contract sim but PAYG phones are "supposed" to be online for 12 months first.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4