cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Data/Wi Fi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi There.
Regarding the £29.38 a month iPhone tarrif, I was just wondering what the unlimited data and wi-fi exactly means. Is this pretty much the same as "free internet" on the phone? So I can access youtube etc on the iPhone as part of the tarrif charge (obviously subject to fair usage 200mb etc).

Its just that its either the iphone or the G1, and i was wondering if this package offers relatively the same internet offering as the T-Mobile G1 does.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it gives you unlimted gprs access anywhere in the uk. The wifi bolt on that comes as part of the tariff allows you free access to cloud and bt openzone hot spots. These are really handy as there are thousands of these throughout the uk in the likes of McDonalds, Starbucks etc.

Go for the iphone!
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
And there is no 200mb limit, just a fair use policy regarding no streaming audio/video etc (which is loosely enforced for serious abusers only, not for everyday YouTubeing or small things like that).
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
so does this mean i could browse the internet ie facebook and stuff through gprs if i wasn't using wifi and it would be free?
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, if you have an iPhone or the Web Bolt-On.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
02 dont really give you anything,if you have a ipod touch,the internet and email are free
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ robbieapple - Obviously you don't understand the wifi bolt on. It is free to use wifi on any phone/ipod that has it but it isn't free to use the The Cloud, which is wifi hotspots around the country which you have to pay for. The wifi bolt on gives you free 'unlimited' access to the hotspots.
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a very similar question. Just got a Nokia E71 and I also have the "unlimited web" bolt on. I can see a list of wireless hot spots with the phone and so far I have been using the one in my home. Assuming that using my own wifi will be free, huh?

But what is the O2 active link? Is this part of the bolt on? From the replies to the original post above it seems that one can use the "BT cloud" or "cloud thing" for free with this phone. So I can be out and about and use that as part of my contract? That would be ace!! (BBC, google, gmail -nice )
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wifi is always free when connected to any wireless network and does not require any web bolt ons. The unlimited web bolt on allows use of the phone network to access the internet, for an 'unlimited' amount of data. Just don't do too much streaming (Youtube, iplayer) otherwise they could restrict your web access. The unlimited wifi bolt on is just access to 'The Cloud' which is like wifi in McDonalds etc, which you normally would have to pay for!

Hope that helps!
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right. Thanks for that reply. I don't intend to do any streaming on the phone. Just "traditional" stuff such as google maps, bbc and most static content, (not media).

What advantage does the O2 active service provide over me visiting my regular web sites? If it is just a porttal, don't O2 know that the portal is dead?
Message 10 of 10