Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uk mail

Fofer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi can anyone enlighten me on uk mail my order for a phone was meant to be signed for as I have not received it I have since found out that it has been delivered and signed for unfortunately not by me!!! I would have thought if uk mail were letting a neighbour sign for this they should have left a card through my letterbox to state this!!! Also I'm in Northern Ireland and they don't seem to have a depot here ???? Any thoughts or info would be appreciated. Ps neighbours are insistent they have not signed for anything for my address!!!
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144987 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
It's the responsibility of UK mail to provide proof of who they delivered it to and a copy of the signature.
I would call O2 CS and get them to chase it up for you (O2 are responsible for chasing this, not you).....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144987 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
It's the responsibility of UK mail to provide proof of who they delivered it to and a copy of the signature.
I would call O2 CS and get them to chase it up for you (O2 are responsible for chasing this, not you).....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like MI5 said call cs 202 they can call ukmail but if you need to call uk mail tell no is : 08451492195 and have your consignment number ready
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123367 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

I don't want to speak out of turn here, but I don't like the sound of this at all.

I have had 4 phones delivered to my address by UK Mail and I was told 'If no-one in at the address to sign for it,....it would NOT be delivered elsewhere'

My son put in a specific request that it came to me. ...request refused.

He had to take time off to ensure his phone was delivered to his home address.

(I do realise this may be a policy specific to the Midlands where I live?)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are ordering your first phone from a mobile network operator they will normally only send it to the home address. That is to verify the address.

It is not usual that the actual recipient needs to be there however.
Message 5 of 5