Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to use partners old phone

Greenfingers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, my partner recently upgraded his Samsung phone and kept his EE number. I am trying to use his old phone with my O2 pay as you go sim. Everything is fine apart from the fact I am not receiving texts from his new phone, have received texts from various other contacts and websites. I am able to send texts to his new phone and he is able to ring me with his new phone. Any offers of help would be appreciated.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Open the messaaging app and then the settings within the app

Look for blocked numbers

Check if his number is in there

He will need to do the same on his phone if your phone is ok

Message 2 of 8

Greenfingers
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou for the quick response. I do not have any blocked numbers and my partner has been texting me daily for some time on my old phone so I am not blocked on his phone. Is it possible that  the fact I am now using a phone originally set up using the same number he is now texting me from is causing a problem. Thanks again

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144969 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions

@Greenfingers 

Open message app and go to settings.

Look for RCS or enhanced message settings and add or change to your number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Greenfingers
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou for your assistance, I'm unable to find those options in the settings, the phone is a Samsung a51 and is about 5 years old now, maybe part of the problem. Thanks again

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144969 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions

@Greenfingers 

It might be in Settings >Connections >More connection settings.

Then tap the “Rich Communications” 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

On the A51 look under

Messages>>settings>>general

It's a dual sim phone so edit the numbers there

Message 7 of 8

Greenfingers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to you both, I'm afraid I still haven't managed to find a place to change the number on the phone but I did find the answer to my problem having been pointed to RCS, which I had turned off as I believe it is not supported on the classic pay as you go . I got my partner to send another text and as usual he wrote the message, tapped send and closed his phone immediately, just by chance he noticed a message pop up as he did so, so my problem was human error, he had no idea that he was using RCS instead of SMS and neither of us was aware that he would have to opt to use sms in order to send a message to someone who does not have RCS. Thanks again

Message 8 of 8