cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get a replacement sim from normal to nano

Anonymous
Not applicable

Must have spent half of the day looking online how to get a nano sim.

Plenty of links leading to how do the sim swap but for the life of me could not find how the get the replacement sim anywhere.

After all the hassle I gave up and went in to my local o2 store with my old phone and the replacement one. Only to be told they would not so the sim swap/upgrade unless I had 2 forms of ID.

What a waste of space o2 are.

Went in to Tesco and bought a Vodafone  nano/micro/normal sim for 99p, should be up and running by morning.

GOOD BY O2

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145776 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28019 Solutions
You could have just called customer service and asked them to send you one.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I can be subjected to a 20 minute hard sell, on a plan/upgrade I don’t need, no thanks. If O2 are so pathetic that you can’t even get something as simple as a replacement sim online then I am glad to be shot of them. Truly a pathetic company, especially if staff face to face in an official store can’t help.

Thanks for the prompt reply though.

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Order a sim here

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

Standard, micro and nano sim
Sims come in three different sizes - standard, micro and nano. Most new devices use a nano sim, but whatever size you need, we've got you covered.

All the sims we send out can be used in any device. Whether it takes a standard, micro or nano sim, you just need to pop out the size that's right for you. If you're not sure which one you need, have a look at the instructions that came with your device.

Don't try and cut down your old sim, as you could break it or get it stuck in your device. If you need to use your nano or micro sim in an older device, you can get a free adaptor from an O2 store.

Swapping your sim
Just go to o2.co.uk/swapmysim or text SWAP to 20220, to activate your new sim.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your link is useless, I don’t want to change contracts etc, just want to replace my sim from a full to nano. 

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Just order any new sim , as said you just press out the right size and do a sim swap. As you stated you had gone to Tesco I thought you were PAYG,  otherwise you couldn't just end your contract without the normal notice. So call customer service if you want a contract sim or take ID instore

Message 6 of 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23347 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3718 Solutions

@AnonymousI wonder how much of a waste of space you would think O2 are if your phone had been lost or stolen and you weren't aware of it, and whoever had your phone took it into an O2 store with no ID and asked for a different sim so they could use it in their own phone and ran up your bill which you would be responsible for? Hmm? Asking for identification is to protect you, not them. They get their money no matter who is using the account. Think about that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7