Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying so hard to get a deal !!!!

Blancey
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I’m trying hard to get a deal on a sim only 30 day contract ! Been with o2 for I think 15 years ! I would like to stay with them however they are just not competitive now ! Managed to get them down to £11 for 2GB unlimited mins and texts - Plusnet , Giff Gaff etc etc are all beating that hands down ! Ideally want 3GB but could live with 2.5GB don’t really need unlimited texts and calls as hardly use them ! Have currently paid off device plan and am on refresh so am good to go ! Any tips for getting a reasonable deal ? Don’t need an exact match for these other companies but o2 are almost double what these other companies are !!! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Blancey

I'm on sim only and usually wait till the offers/sales hit the O2 shop. Happens about 3 times a year and I upgrade then.

They do have some really good offers during this time. I am currently on 4gb data and unlimited calls and texts which I pay £16 for. However, the first 6 months I had 50% off which meant I paid £8.00.

It depends how quickly you want to change to sim only really.

I suppose you could try customer services and explain you can get a better deal elsewhere and they may offer you a loyalty discount. Worth a try I think?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Blancey
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went onto chat last night and tried playing the loyalty card !! Lol 😂😂😂 the operator said try back in a few days as their deals are dynamic and changing all the time ! Would asking for my PAC code make a difference ? 

Cheers for the advice x

Message 3 of 10

Blancey
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wonder if Black Friday on 23rd November might put something my way ? 

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can move to a 12 month SIM only deal for better rates and still upgrade to a refresh contract at anytime without penalties.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Blancey
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok so move to a better deal on a 12 month contract and if a good sim only 30 day deal came up on for example Black Friday swap to that immediately  with no penalties ? Not have to give 30 days notice ?

Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Blancey wrote:

Ok so move to a better deal on a 12 month contract and if a good sim only 30 day deal came up on for example Black Friday swap to that immediately  with no penalties ? Not have to give 30 days notice ?

No once you take out a 12month sim only you would have to settle that before taking on a 30day one.

Honestly, I doubt you would ever see a better 30 day deal than a 12 month one. I do study them quite carefully before taking them out. This is why, with the 12 month one I got 6 months at 50% off @Blancey (that wasn't available on a 30 day sim only.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

Blancey
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah ok maybe need to get back onto the chat and explore 12 month contract - I was very specific last night about it being a 30 day contract ! Thanks 

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can only upgrade from a 12 month to a refresh tariff without penalties as I said above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It is far far better to call customer service and choose the option for leaving O2. You can then speak to a retentions adviser to see about a loyalty discount. Live chat are quite inflexible.

Message 10 of 10