Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to USA & carribean

Nita66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am spending 2 nights in New York then Cruising around carribean The Cruise ship is so expensive for Internet Never used a bolt on before but I see there is one for travel Is it worth me buying this so I can intermittently use phone Internet, check emails etc whilst keeping costs down? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123351 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@Nita66 

The best thing for cruising is to turn your phone off and not use it on the cruise. At sea they have no network and  use their own excessively expensive 'ship network'. Wait until you go ashore and use Wifi if  you can.

guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cruise-Liners-Aircraft-Charges/ba-p/1058892 

Travel to the USA a guide here USA - Roaming with O2 and Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

You need O2 Travel or O2 Travel Inclusive (tariff dependent)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Not cruising . Static in Barbados. I ONLY need phone only to contact family on the island if we split up  phone or  message ( also via WhatsApp- our accomodation has wifi.)    What do I need to arrange for this?

Will not  use phone to uk unless unexpected event occurs.   Does that make a difference to the above

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23201 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Jenny105 Type in Barbados: Using Your Phone Abroad → O2 Travel Search Tool | O2

Use WhatsApp over WiFi only. Costs you nothing.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4