cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring contacts to new phone/sim

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have today upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy with an only style SIM card to a Nokia Lumina 620 with a new micro sim. The guy in the O2 shop changed sims and said all my contacts should transfer automatically, but they haven't. How do I transfer contacts from old to new SIM card/phone without having to re-input them all? Any help or advice would be much appreciated! Thanks 🙂
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Go back to the shop and ask the genius that told you that to transfer them for you slight_smile
Failing that, put your old sim in the Galaxy and copy the contacts to the phone. Then sync the phone to your Google account. Then sign into your Google account on the Nokia and they will sync across.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Go back to the shop and ask the genius that told you that to transfer them for you slight_smile
Failing that, put your old sim in the Galaxy and copy the contacts to the phone. Then sync the phone to your Google account. Then sign into your Google account on the Nokia and they will sync across.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

A sim swap will only move your number and tariff and any left over credit it'll on payg. T

Look at options such as Gmail or a PC suite to move contacts.

Do this quick as the old sim becomes deactivated soon after the sim swap is started.

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
There is no rush as the contacts will not be deleted from your old sim card.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now there's Mis info told to me.

I was advised that once the service stopped on the original SIM card any contacts were not accessible.

I've never checked as I choose personally not to save contacts to the sim.

Thank you for clearing that up MI5.
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
You should know where to come for correct info mate wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
This was ages ago before I joined and have not come up against the question.

I know better now tho.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have always saved contacts to sim and whenever I got a new phone I saved the contacts from the old sim on the old phone, put New sim into old phone and copied them across.

Then put New sim in New phone and bob's your uncle so to speak.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
iCloud downloads all my contacts , apps and settings into any new iPhone I buy.

Happy days.
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
They could do that but would need a sim adapter to put the smaller sim in the old phone.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12