cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking a device order

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently ordered a Fitbit Charge HR through the O2 store as part of the Black Friday promotion to 'click and collect' at my local store. I recieved an email of the order confirmation and the monies have been paid - however when I attended the store on the date it was indicated it should be available from (1st December) I was told it was not in store or even on their records.

I have waited a couple more days and still no update - I have logged into my O2 account and looked in track my orders and it states I do not have anything to track.

The O2 website only supplies customer service numbers for mobile or boradband customers and requests my O2 mobile number when calling which I do not have - is there a customer service number specifically for items such as this I can contact? I find the lack of options on the website very frsutrating and unprofessional.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All forms of contact here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
but the Fitbit is out of stock which is why you don't have one delivered to the store.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All forms of contact here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
but the Fitbit is out of stock which is why you don't have one delivered to the store.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Call customer service and just keep pressing zero until you get put through to an adviser.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - just read the other thread about this now which doesn't give me much hope...

Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So annoying really....the Black Friday promotion was a bit of a no go for many and then those who managed to get something...now find it out of stock....Way to go...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

A similar thing happened to me. I ordered a Sony smartwatch on Monday at which point it was showing as in stock. I chose for it to be delivered to my home today as I knew I could wait in and nothing turned up. Phoned customer services and they tell me it is out of stock, well it flipping wasn't when I ordered it! How about a courtesy email to tell me it won't be arriving on the day I chose, or is that too much to ask? Pathetic service.

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous The thing is it probably WAS out of stock but without a live stock system it was probably still showing as available, I know O2 are looking at ways of improving this process....though that doesn't help you at the moment..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We never advise anyone to order anything on line at all esp not during expected busy periods.
I was in an o2 store sat morning and they had Sony and MS watches in stock - we always advise customers to go instore until online is fixed.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The situation is going to get worse now. I think there will be a few disappointed people when devices have been ordered for Christmas. 

Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The situation is going to get worse now. I think there will be a few disappointed people when devices have been ordered for Christmas. 

Not only for O2. My friend ordered a phone for her son. She didnt realise the seller, though highly rated. was based in Paris. The order was placed the day before the bombings and the expected date of delivery dropped from 23rd November to the 12th December. She has since told me it arrived on Monday so she can now breathe easy....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12